Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas on how to mount a pedal bike to my Excel II Camper trailer?

Hi guys, I'm new here so Hope I'm in the right area to ask a question! I have just purchased a new Excel II Camper (Lees-ure lite) and wondering if anyone might have some ideas how I might mount a Pedal Bike (Mountain Bike) on this Trailer, either the roof or off the back somehow?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-06-2024 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question & moved to Spyder Trailers section... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Guess if it was mine, I would strap it to the roof., that way it's over the axle and keeping things balanced. got to keep an eye on your overall weight and remember what you're pulling it with. Good luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Haha your right though!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The top rack on your Lees-ure lite is held on with VERY small screws. Check them out closely. If damaged or stripped out, repairs are near impossible unless you rebolt completely through the lid (or floor) however you look at it. Best and most secure way is to mount your bike(s) to the frame on the back of the trailer. So far, I've not seen a bike rack commercially made for a Lees-ure lite. I think I'd begin with the manufactures standup mount and modify it to your needs. That little trailer is going to dish out more vibrational punishment than any car, so think about that and consider vibration as your enemy. I’ve seen bikes mounted both atop and aft. Do a search on this site and you might find photos of both. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much for your reply, and yes using that back stand up system might be a great option to do something.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TravelHarley View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply, and yes using that back stand up system might be a great option to do something.
    They make additional tail lights and license plate holders that easily attach and detach from wheelchair carriers and wheelchair ramps on vehicles. You wouldn't want to get a mechanical citation for blocking the view of your lights and trailer plate. We have a Saris bike rack that holds and grips ONLY the tires and nothing else touches the bike. Kinda pricey but works well because it's built for functionality and longevity.