I just dumped AT&T "Fiber" for Google Fiber. I cant believe the difference. AT&T "Fiber" in my neighborhood is fiber optic to a node that is a block away, then copper wire the rest of the way. It was just "OK" as long as there were not too many devices on my wireless network at the same time, we weren't trying to stream anything between 7pm & about midnight, and my wife (who works remotely) didn't mind getting kicked off the network once or twice a day (which she did).

Google Fiber, on the other hand, is fiber optic all the way into my house to the gateway, which is a whole different animal.

For Example:

AT&T: The highest download speed I ever got on my on my (new) desktop computer was 27 Mbps, on my smartphone, around 16 Mbps.
Google Fiber: Twenty minutes ago, the download speed was 285 Mbps, upload 220 on the desktop & 425/350 on my phone. That is blazingly fast! The wife & daughter get similar results. I might buy a mesh extender (they're not that expensive) for our home office (the daughter got the one that came with GF) just to see if it bumps up any higher.

I guess the moral of this story is "Don't settle for less when you can have more"!