Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default MY '21/'22 Production Ryker Fuel pump recall; + some '19-'24 replacements!

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...ropulsion.html

https://www.rideapart.com/news/70294...l-pump-recall/

Which models are involved?

Fuel pumps installed in production on some Model Year 2021 and 2022 Can-Am Ryker

Some fuel pumps sold in service that may have been installed on Model Year 2019 to 2024 Can-Am Ryker. Possible impacted part numbers include:

709 000 810

548 874 036

709 001 261

219 800 529

"The fuel pump impeller could swell and cause the fuel pump to stop working."

"Upon BRP's investigation into the matter, it found that one of its suppliers had changed raw materials used in the impellers in its fuel pumps over the course of their manufacture. It went from a first source to a new source, then eventually back to the first source. The new source, they found, can cause the impeller to swell in use, which could cause it to interfere with the fuel pump housing, thus causing the fuel pump to stop working properly."

I called BRP who instructed me to call my dealer. As I had installed a replacement pump recently, I wanted to know if the replacement might be bad. The dealer service tech told me that affected fuel pump serial numbers are in the range 079 to 176 (first three digits). Hard to tell from the photo, but mine starts with a 2.

"BRP will inspect and, if necessary, replace the fuel pump at no charge to you (parts and labor). "

I suspect the "inspection" will be to check the fuel pump serial number. Although 10,000 MAY be affected, I suspect the actual number of replacements will be considerably less.

This is the second replacement fuel pump on my 2019 Rally. The original failed about a year ago, the replacement just a few weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-04-2024 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)