Spyder Garage

Question Replace the screen or the whole Instrument Cluster on 2014 ST-S? And How?

So, my 2014 Spyder ST-S spends a lot of time outside. My screen has developed discoloration in a circle around the center from getting direct sunlight. I have since started leaving my safety card extracted and hanging in front of it to alleviate this, but the damage is done. I want to go ahead and replace the cluster, but they are being difficult to locate. Google is not very good at filtering what I say and it just gives me any old Spyder cluster instead of the one I need. I have found on Aliexpress that they have the TFT screen that I can use to replace my damaged one, which will require the disassembly of my cluster. I have also found few on EBay that are being sold for parts. I don't think the clusters work, but I could swap the screen, although those clusters are more expensive than the AliExpress screen.

Has anyone had to deal with this before? How should I go about replacing the screen or the whole cluster, provided I could find one?
    AlphaJoe
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 ST-S - Congnac
    LidLock helmet locks
    LAmonster Ram mount with X-Grip

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you found the exact same TFT screen on Aliexpress, I would go that route. If you change the whole cluster, I believe it has to be mated to the bike using BUDS.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    If you found the exact same TFT screen on Aliexpress, I would go that route. If you change the whole cluster, I believe it has to be mated to the bike using BUDS.
    Pretty sure you are right about that. And a new cluster would not have the correct odometer and accumulated mileage. No way to get around that.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking, although I am not sure how to go about disassembling the cluster. I will pull it out and have a look to see what all would be entailed.
    AlphaJoe
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 ST-S - Congnac
    LidLock helmet locks
    LAmonster Ram mount with X-Grip