Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    First off comparing are car to a motorcycle??? Why? I would’ve thought you’d know the difference. When I ride my Spyder I’m enjoying the ride and the countryside, not playing with my phone or the apps. Ever hear of distracted driving? This ACP device will require the rider to look away from the road to touch the screen multiple times. You’ll have to look down (away) from the road. Whereas the BRp system allows you to keep your eyes on the road and use your thumb to control what you want.

While operating any vehicle you are not able to use the phone normally. All we need is music and navigation which BRP Go has. We can make/receive calls if needed without the Go app. What else would we need while out enjoying the ride?
    First of all, it was a simple comment. But since it seemed to cause you such consternation, I am responding to each question/comment...

First off comparing are (a) car to a motorcycle??? Why? I would’ve thought you’d know the difference. (Didn’t compare the two. Only said it would be nice/convenient to have access to the same apps that I use in my car. I am familiar with them) When I ride my Spyder I’m enjoying the ride and the countryside, not playing with my phone or the apps. (I too am enjoying the ride and countryside and not playing with apps. I usually use two apps: Waze and Spotify. To my knowledge, neither are supported on BRP). Ever hear of distracted driving? (Yes) This ACP device will require the rider to look away from the road to touch the screen multiple times. You’ll have to look down (away) from the road. Whereas the BRp system allows you to keep your eyes on the road and use your thumb to control what you want. (My ACP device is connected to my comm unit and is therefore controlled completely by voice. Hey Siri! I never take my eyes off of the road unlike having to glance at the BRP screen to verify that I have guided the precious joystick to the correct menu.)

While operating any vehicle you are not able to use the phone normally. All we need is music and navigation which BRP Go has. We can make/receive calls if needed without the Go app. What else would we need while out enjoying the ride? (I only use the two aforementioned apps. And yes, I am able to use the phone normally. Not that I enjoy having my rides interrupted by phone calls, but there are times that I have to make/take them. Usually, the people I am talking with don’t even realize I am on the bike.)

BTW, Can Am has finally realized the desire/need of some riders for ACP. It appears they are including it on some 2024 models. I believe they refer to it as “a more immersive rider experience”.

Quote from BRP website. Notice the word “safer”

“We are constantly looking to improve the rider experience through innovation,” said Martin Ethier, Marketing Director, Can-Am 3-Wheel & Motorcycles at BRP. “The introduction of Apple CarPlay is a big step toward that, and it directly addresses feedback we have received from Can-Am owners around the world. Riders will now have a smarter, safer way to stay connected while riding.”
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-02-2024 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Clarified what was Quote & what was not. ;-)