Spyder Garage

Default OEM external amplifier on Spyder - where is it and how does it mount?

For those with a Spyder that has a Factory Amplifier for the radio and speakers, where does this mount? I am curious about the mounting location and what bracketry is involved. I'm looking at mounting some accessories but would like to mount them in a suitable location and perhaps an OEM bracket in the frunk.

2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by broderp View Post
    For those with a Spyder that has a Factory Amplifier for the radio and speakers, where does this mount? I am curious about the mounting location and what bracketry is involved. I'm looking at mounting some accessories but would like to mount them in a suitable location and perhaps an OEM bracket in the frunk.

I have a 2014 RT and it has a separate HEAD unit with the AMP ..... you have a 23 and to best of my knowledge BRP integrated all that into the instrument cluster .... I am curious about the accessories you seem to be so secretive about ????? .....that info could help all of us help you .....Mike

Spyder Garage

On the 2020 & newer RT's the amp (6 x 20 watt) is centered behind the headlights, between the mirrors and under the motor assembly that lifts & lowers the windscreen. If you pull all the guts out of the glove you can see it, but I think it's gonna be a booger to get to...., good luck!

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have a 2014 RT and it has a separate HEAD unit with the AMP ..... you have a 23 and to best of my knowledge BRP integrated all that into the instrument cluster .... I am curious about the accessories you seem to be so secretive about ????? .....that info could help all of us help you .....Mike
    If only that were true. The 2023 F3-S and RT share the same instrument cluster, so I doubt the amp resides in that. I believe that the cluster is likely set up mechanically or perhaps via programming to access specific features of the higher end models such as radio, equalizer and other settings. But on paper they have the same Can-Am part number. (710008709)

My top secret accessories not really top secret. I'm adding a dash cam, a BSM System, and Lighting; but to do so I will be creating a sub-harness and adding an OEM style fuse block and custom harness. To that end, I am looking to find "OEM" ways to mount parts cleanly. If I can buy an OEM bracket that will accommodate the camera Power supply, BSM module and controller, and the fuse block then I will do it. It saves me time to have a custom bracket made. It will also allow me to utilize OEM mounting locations and holes to prevent drilling. My OCD will not allow me to just splice in an accessory, then have a crap-ton of wires everywhere in a huge spaghetti mess. I want anyone who looks to not know I added anything. Like I said, it's my OCD.

I am preparing for not being able to use OEM parts and needing to make them, so have started a preliminary design (see the attached image). This is one of 3 current designs to mount components (design is not finalized) utilizing a current location - the D.E.S.S. mounting bolts. And yes, I measured and modelled the D.E.S.S. module so I could use it when working thru the design. I have been 3D printing parts to test before finalizing the design and location. I will then need to have them fabricated and powder coating. I typically work through several iterations to simplify and customize for fit before its done. Good thing I have all winter. lol

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    On the 2020 & newer RT's the amp (6 x 20 watt) is centered behind the headlights, between the mirrors and under the motor assembly that lifts & lowers the windscreen. If you pull all the guts out of the glove you can see it, but I think it's gonna be a booger to get to...., good luck!
    Thanks, I likely won't have the place to install one on my F3S. After poking around, I believe I saw some having amps in the back, behind the passenger location - again, I don't have the longer backend of the RT or F3-T with the space to accommodate anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-03-2024 at 06:14 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know exactly where the amp is. I have removed it and added my own amp. If you look up in the left wheelwell, behind the ECM, you will find it. It can be removed pretty easily. Only 2 bolts hold it in and are accessible under the left headlight when you open the frunk. Remove the bolts that hold the ECM to the side of the bike so you can reach in and fanangle it out. If you remove it, you wont have sound from your speakers anymore, but you can listen through a bluetooth headset.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 01-03-2024 at 11:13 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I know exactly where the amp is. I have removed it and added my own amp. If you look up in the left wheelwell, behind the ECM, you will find it. It can be removed pretty easily. Only 2 bolts hold it in and are accessible under the left headlight when you open the frunk. Remove the bolts that hold the ECM to the side of the bike so you can reach in and fanangle it out. If you remove it, you wont have sound from your speakers anymore, but you can listen through a bluetooth headset.
    Did you pull this and replace it with a stronger 6 channel amp? If so, what amp did you use, and were there any hiccups?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 08:05 PM.