Spyder Garage

Question Trying to connect Android phone to Spyder via Bluetooth (2023 F3-S) - Any ideas??

I feel dumb asking, but I am stumpted on this.

Let me start off which what I want to do: I want to connect my Android phone to the USB connector that for some odd reason located in the frunk - but I don't want it to be a wired connection so I can keep my phone in my riding jacket. I know BRP GO! is a train wreck, but I still want to utilize the limited functionality.

What I have already done:
    • Connected my Phone to the Spyder.
    • Connected my headset to the Spyder.

The above connect automatically at startup and if I turn on the SiriusXM app on my phone, and switch to Bluetooth music it plays loud and clear in my headset. I can also adjust the volume.

Any other functionality requires the phone to be connected to the USB. I thought that if I connect a Bluetooth receiver to the USB port it would act like the cord being attached to the phone and allow functionality. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get it working but am not sure of the requirements to do so or if such a device exists.

I'm thinking if a Bluetooth device could be seen as a "phone" it might work. There is no way to pair it as such - the Spyder asks for pairing confirmation like for a phone, but with no way to select "yes" on the device the connection fails. If connecting something that is seen as a phone by the Spyder were possible and I could also pair my phone to that same device to act like a 'middle man' and this might work.

Needless to say, there is nothing on this type of connection and I'm not sure something exists to do this. For testing, I am using the below device:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081GGB53R...t_details&th=1

I'm not sure this is what I should be using, so I am asking. I'm thinking that a smart device protocol (what phones and other devices use that require pairing authorization is different than these "dumb" devices that simply send out a paring signal and wait.

Anyone have any ideas or what have you done or used to get around using a cable to connect to your Spyder?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2023 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ASK the question instead of telling us you HAVE a question... ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

did you go into settings and change output from headset to bluetooth,, there are 3 settings on my F3L...headset...Aux wired connection.... and bluetooth... hope this helps.. i use my phone via bluetooth for my music,, when i use Aux volume is low. also do not use AUTO volume
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's