Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default New Battery Install '22 RTL - where does the little Black wire go?

Had to replace my OEM battery, a cheap Chinese unit that lasted less than 18 months. The new battery is in, but I have a concern about the wiring. Specifically, the positive wire has the usual red lead but it also has, as an integral part of the wire, a black wire with its own attachment point. There is enough length that the black part of the positive wire could reach the negative post. The dedicated negative wire is right where it should be so no issues there. My problem is that I don't remember where that black wire on the positive lead was when I removed the battery. Logic tells me that black wire should be connected to the negative terminal, but it is a $260 LiIon battery that I don't want to destroy with a wrong hookup. I looked in the owner's manual - no help. Searched several sites and watched several vids but there was no single, definitive answer. Queried this forum but again, I didn't find a definitive answer. I'm a bit of a DIY loser (LOL) so any help will be appreciated. Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-28-2023 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread; expanded title to briefly ask the question; & moved here from Welcome sub-forum!! ;-)
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic