Spyder Garage

Unhappy What could be the reason Bluetooth is disconnected? I'm so sad.

Currently, I am riding a 2022 Can-Am Spyder RT.

It takes more than 30 seconds just to turn the key on the motorcycle and for Bluetooth to establish itself.

1. The instrument panel shows that the mobile phone and motorcycle Bluetooth are connected, but the song does not play.
    2. Sometimes a song appears on the dashboard, but I cannot adjust the volume or play the next song.
    3. While driving, the song suddenly turns off and when I go into the settings, a shutdown sign appears.
    4. The loading sign appears on the instrument panel, but a song plays.
    5. The song plays every 0.5 seconds continue
    6. Sometimes I can hear the song, but the song title is not displayed.

Sometimes I can hear the song, but the loading indicator and song title do not appear like on the instrument panel.

KakaoTalk_20231226_155817463.jpg

I thought it was a cell phone problem, so I tested all S20, S21, S22, and S23, but the same phenomenon occurred on all of them.
    Especially in the summer, the song often stops.

I don't know the cause. Korean repair shops have also given up on these problems. Help me, please
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2023 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Title clarification... I think?? :-(

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like your firmware is corrupt and needs to be re-flashed.

You mentioned it happens more during warmer weather, other members have complained about display issues when it gets hot or left in the sun but not the issues you are having.

Does this happen during cooler weather? If not you may have some heat issues causing gremlins to appear.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 12-26-2023 at 06:04 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The system is not perfect but it should be better than this. The 30 seconds (or there abouts) to connect is normal. The rare disconnect is normal. Anything more than that is not.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Sounds like your firmware is corrupt and needs to be re-flashed.

You mentioned it happens more during warmer weather, other members have complained about display issues when it gets hot or left in the sun but not the issues you are having.

Does this happen during cooler weather? If not you may have some heat issues causing gremlins to appear.
    Breakdowns are rare in cold weather. It only breaks down in hot weather. It's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    The system is not perfect but it should be better than this. The 30 seconds (or there abouts) to connect is normal. The rare disconnect is normal. Anything more than that is not.
    My case is a very strange one... I'm wondering how to fix it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2023 at 07:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

When I first purchased my current RT-L in 2020, I gave up on using the BRP interface on day two or three - it was just far too unstable, badly designed, and lacked much of what I needed. I mount my phone to my handlebars and run that to my helmet, and it's a far better option for me in the real world.

For 2024, they finally added CarPlay, which is the right solution, but failing that, I'd consider just skipping BRP Connect, "working" or not.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2023 at 09:01 PM. Reason: that that... ;-)
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have similar problems when I’m in my car. I’ve had to open the music app on the phone and press play. It’s not the bike. Make sure the music volume on the phone is all the way up. Sometimes going to the music/bluetooth in the dash will trigger it.

If you ride often the phone will connect much easier as it learns your habits and recognizes the more popular connections.

Many times I’ve had to turn my headset off then on to get it to connect.

When I’m gonna go for a good ride I’ll check the bike out, get gas and make sure the phone connects and music plays. So if it doesn’t play then turn the bike off then on and it should connect.

Shutting the phone off and waiting a minute once in a while refreshes the phone and it works better.

ACP will be just as much fun as the Bluetooth won’t work any smoother.

The more you use it the easier it works.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-27-2023 at 12:05 AM. Reason: got... ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

When starting up the Spyder the audio control takes a long time to boot up. After an extended wait time with nothing, try repeatedly depressing the top left control button on the audio keypad firmly and slowly to bring it fully around back to the correct input source where it should be and see if it makes a difference. If nothing, try doing the same with the button just below it the same way and again firmly but very slowly. You just want to be sure that you end up with the speaker icon and not a helmet on your display as posted. The computers on these machines are as slow as molasses in January. Don’t overthink it and just try everything very slowly. See if that works.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    When I first purchased my current RT-L in 2020, I gave up on using the BRP interface on day two or three - it was just far too unstable, badly designed, and lacked much of what I needed. I mount my phone to my handlebars and run that to my helmet, and it's a far better option for me in the real world.

For 2024, they finally added CarPlay, which is the right solution, but failing that, I'd consider just skipping BRP Connect, "working" or not.
    I also tried installing CarPlay, but I don't want the handlebars to become heavy, so I'm using BRP Connect. Even if it's uncomfortable... I'm holding on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I have similar problems when I’m in my car. I’ve had to open the music app on the phone and press play. It’s not the bike. Make sure the music volume on the phone is all the way up. Sometimes going to the music/bluetooth in the dash will trigger it.

If you ride often the phone will connect much easier as it learns your habits and recognizes the more popular connections.

Many times I’ve had to turn my headset off then on to get it to connect.

When I’m gonna go for a good ride I’ll check the bike out, get gas and make sure the phone connects and music plays. So if it doesn’t play then turn the bike off then on and it should connect.

Shutting the phone off and waiting a minute once in a while refreshes the phone and it works better.

ACP will be just as much fun as the Bluetooth won’t work any smoother.

The more you use it the easier it works.
    Thank you for good information.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    When starting up the Spyder the audio control takes a long time to boot up. After an extended wait time with nothing, try repeatedly depressing the top left control button on the audio keypad firmly and slowly to bring it fully around back to the correct input source where it should be and see if it makes a difference. If nothing, try doing the same with the button just below it the same way and again firmly but very slowly. You just want to be sure that you end up with the speaker icon and not a helmet on your display as posted. The computers on these machines are as slow as molasses in January. Don’t overthink it and just try everything very slowly. See if that works.
    Thank you for good information. Even if the bike is slow, I will endure and ride the motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

if your dealership understands 2022 RT firmware upgrade on spyder, go to them and have it done. not sure on firmware #, but if it has NOT been done there is an upgrade for it, might help the little bugs from causing problems.

SOMEBODY on here might know the last firmware # currently being offered for a 2022
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    if your dealership understands 2022 RT firmware upgrade on spyder, go to them and have it done. not sure on firmware #, but if it has NOT been done there is an upgrade for it, might help the little bugs from causing problems.

SOMEBODY on here might know the last firmware # currently being offered for a 2022
    oh! thank you! After returning the firmware to the old version and then updating it again to the new version, it came back to normal. It seems like there was a problem during the update.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kongdoly View Post
    oh! thank you! After returning the firmware to the old version and then updating it again to the new version, it came back to normal. It seems like there was a problem during the update.
    Great to hear, Kongdoly…….thanks for letting us know

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red