Spyder Garage

Default Largest tire size for 2011 RT-S front

I am going to need new front tires sooner rather than later on my 2011 RT-S. I was wondering if I could put a larger tire on the stock 14" set-up without upsetting anything. Thanks for your help. Am planning on installing car tire.
    Leon
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

Default Larger front tire for 2011 RT-S

What is the largest tire that I can put on the front of 2011 RT-S. Will use 14" car tire and do not want to disturb the stock set-up. Thanks in advance
    Leon
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping1 View Post
    What is the largest tire that I can put on the front of 2011 RT-S. Will use 14" car tire and do not want to disturb the stock set-up. Thanks in advance
    Leon
    I have answered this many times .... My question to you is WHY ???? .... The traction advantage in having a WIDER tire is NULIFIED by the computer settings programmed into the Nanny ..... So that leaves " it LOOKS great " .... to use a much wider tire, you will need to move the fender out on the brackets , and add washers ..... good luck ... Mike ..... If you want / need Better traction just get Vredestein tires in 165/60-14's , they are the best tire available for your Spyder .....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have answered this many times .... My question to you is WHY ???? .... The traction advantage in having a WIDER tire is NULIFIED by the computer settings programmed into the Nanny ..... So that leaves " it LOOKS great " .... to use a much wider tire, you will need to move the fender out on the brackets , and add washers ..... good luck ... Mike ..... If you want / need Better traction just get Vredestein tires in 165/60-14's , they are the best tire available for your Spyder .....
    OK, Thanks for the reply. I have heard good things about the Vredestein tires. If I understand the 165/60 it will actually be not quite as tall as a 165/65, is that correct. The only reason I was wondering about a larger tire was to give me more choice on the tire. But if 165/60 Vredestein is my choice let's roll, Thanks again.
    Leon
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping1 View Post
    OK, Thanks for the reply. I have heard good things about the Vredestein tires. If I understand the 165/60 it will actually be not quite as tall as a 165/65, is that correct. The only reason I was wondering about a larger tire was to give me more choice on the tire. But if 165/60 Vredestein is my choice let's roll, Thanks again.
    Leon
    A problem for us with tires for any Spyder is the fact that Spyders use 15 inch size ( & relatively narrow ones ) & older Spyders had 14 in.size ..... Vredestein tires are mostly used in European countries that still make very small cars in quantity .... so they still make the smaller sizes ..... And Vredestein consistently has tires rated best of all manufacture's for our size catagories .... I get mine at Tire Rack, they ship free .... if you call them don't talk to sales people and DECLINE to say what you are putting them on ..... Mike