Spyder Garage

Default 2020 & Newer RT - What Lighting Enhancement Options/Add ons?

I am looking for input on what is out there to enhance the OEM high & low beam lighting, e.g. brighter, deeper penetrating. Additionally, what LED options are there for adding separate driving lights & fog lights? I see where TricLED had some $300 dynamic led driving lights that attach to the fender stay mounts. However, these are turned on and off by a separate switch. Is there a way to make them turn on and off with the high beam OEM switch? I have no spare OEM switch slots the blank provided is taken up by a garage door remote.

Also, if the foregoing can be done, can one also add a good quality set of led true fog (not spot) lights ( right pattern, e.g. a horizontal flat line light upper edge pattern) that can be operated separately or via the OEM low beam switch? I am old, have glaucoma and can use all the lighting I can get, but don't want everybody flashing me because I am blinding them.

Regarding the TricLED dynamic led driving lights, who has installed them and have you experienced any drawbacks such as bad beam profile, excessive vibration (suspension mounted), falling out of adjustment, flickering or premature failure? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

I installed a pair of my trusted aux lights that I used on three past bikes. I mounted them to the inside of the front fenders. They are super bright. I also bought a pair of amber flip gun scope caps so I can switch from standard > amber light. I routed them to the right side accessory connection. Down side for me is they kinda made FM reception a bit more static. I have installed inline ferrite beads to the wires, but haven't tried them yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Lamonster has a great set, at a good price. Slingmods has a set that mount to the fender brackets and turn with steering. Love them. Plenty of light.
    Either could be easily modified to power on thru a relay controlled off the high beam, that's what i did. And in my opinion needed because they are blinding to oncoming traffic at night, even at a distance. Would hate to drive country roads at night without them.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Here's my 2020 Spyder RT (base) with:
    1. Clearwater Darla lights on fender mounts (Clearwater sells the mounting brackets), with amber lens;
    2. Lower brow light from Lamonster Garage;
    3. (rear) Billie Brake light from Clearwater with Slingmods' flashing brakes harness.

I can see the road better and it helps be seen better front & rear....win/win.

I installed a fuse block that allows adding electrical equipment by wiring into the fuse block either as "always hot" or "hot with switch-on". The fuse block is fed directly from the battery, including a fused link.

IMG_7289 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2023 at 08:29 AM.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    1. Clearwater Darla lights on fender mounts (Clearwater sells the mounting brackets), with amber lens;
    3. (rear) Billie Brake light from Clearwater with Slingmods' flashing brakes harness.

I installed a fuse block that allows adding electrical equipment by wiring into the fuse block either as "always hot" or "hot with switch-on". The fuse block is fed directly from the battery, including a fused link......
    This looks really nice. Which Darla kit did you get for your Spyder?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2023 at 08:29 AM.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I installed a pair of my trusted aux lights that I used on three past bikes. I mounted them to the inside of the front fenders. They are super bright. I also bought a pair of amber flip gun scope caps so I can switch from standard > amber light. I routed them to the right side accessory connection. Down side for me is they kinda made FM reception a bit more static. I have installed inline ferrite beads to the wires, but haven't tried them yet.
    Do you know the lumen and Kelvin specifications or have a website where I can go to check them out?

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Lamonster has a great set, at a good price. Slingmods has a set that mount to the fender brackets and turn with steering. Love them. Plenty of light.
    Either could be easily modified to power on thru a relay controlled off the high beam, that's what i did. And in my opinion needed because they are blinding to oncoming traffic at night, even at a distance. Would hate to drive country roads at night without them.
    Thank you. I would love to know how you did "easily modified to power on thru a relay controlled off the high beam". Did you ever do a post on this process?

I installed a fuse block that allows adding electrical equipment by wiring into the fuse block either as "always hot" or "hot with switch-on". The fuse block is fed directly from the battery, including a fused link.....
    Thank you. I will check them out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2023 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Fixed quote displays - I hope?! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    This looks really nice. Which Darla kit did you get for your Spyder?
    Here's the link:https://www.clearwaterlights.com/pro...2&_ss=e&_v=1.0

If the link doesn't work go to www.clearwaterlights.com
    At the top left is "Search", click on Search and type in B27 Spyder Fender Mount. (this is for mounting brackets only..Darla's are bought separately)

Clearwater is eager to help any way, and the products are high quality. I have no tie to Clearwater other than being a very satisfied customer, having used their products on several bikes.
    Last edited by BamaJohn; 12-26-2023 at 12:34 PM.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Here's the link:https://www.clearwaterlights.com/pro...2&_ss=e&_v=1.0

If the link doesn't work go to www.clearwaterlights.com
    At the top left is "Search", click on Search and type in B27 Spyder Fender Mount. (this is for mounting brackets only..Darla's are bought separately)

Clearwater is eager to help any way, and the products are high quality. I have no tie to Clearwater other than being a very satisfied customer, having used their products on several bikes.
    Outstanding! The link works, and I very much appreciate the guidance.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davgill2002 View Post
    Thank you. I would love to know how you did "easily modified to power on thru a relay controlled off the high beam". Did you ever do a post on this process?
    I hope this link works https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...stion-2019-RTL
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange