Spyder Garage

Spyder Is there a way to adjust the Floorboards on a 2014 RT?

Hi all,
    Was wondering there is a way to adjust floorboards on a 2014 RT Limited, they are tilting downward at the front. I've asked at the dealer but was told there is no adjustment possible. Doesn't sound quite correct to me?? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-24-2023 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

There is NO movement of RT oem floorboards. That slightly forward tilt is the best for comfort for most people. Trying to adjust them up or level would mess with the brake low limit floorboard break away. Thing to do is put on highway pegs
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

thanks for thoughts

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hwy pegs are 5+ times more expensive than they should be. If you can access a welder, you can build a pair for $20 or less. I built mine from just scraps and they do the same thing as the $100+ ones. Spray painted them black and look and work perfectly. If I ever took them off, no holes visible.

Spyder Garage

I'm kind of thinking that too, considering making some floor boards that are similar to the F3 model. They should be somewhat not too hard with a welder involved.
    Thanks for your input.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvs1 View Post
    I'm kind of thinking that too, considering making some floor boards that are similar to the F3 model. They should be somewhat not too hard with a welder involved.
    Thanks for your input.
    " Woodaddict " is correct about the OEM floorboard ANGLE, it allows the BRAKE pedal to achieve MAX travel needed for MAX Braking ..... I also have a 14 RT and made metal inserts for the plastic splash panels ( lower wings ? ) if you remove them you will see that they are two pieces ... you can separate them and do what I did if you weld and have some flat stock scrap .....good luck ...Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-25-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Mike
    ill look into that idea further.
    Merry mass

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvs1 View Post
    Mike
    ill look into that idea further.
    Merry mass
    If you are thinking about putting a metal bracket into that WING ... PM me for any assistance .... I don't have any pics but once that part is separated it's obvious what is needed .... I can stand on my wing now and I weigh 175, so it's way strong enough to use as a footrest .... Mike