Spyder Garage

Default Can you identify these RT foot-plates?

I foolishly bought these off ePay. They were mounted around the vents on a 2011 Spyder RT. I did not get any brackets or screws with them so I am at a complete loss as to how they mount. Can anyone identify and/or provide any info? Also I have no need of them as I now have WebBoards on my RT. TIA!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by computek; 12-15-2023 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Add images

2012 Spyder RTS
    2012 RT-S , BajaRon's plugs and wires 1" spacer Silver

Spyder Garage

Can't help much with identifying them as to source or supplier, etc. but they do look very much like a set of Highway Foot-plates that are intended to mount on the top of the splash guards under the vents on your RT.

If you take them to the bike and have a look at where they'd go on top of those splash guards, and check out where the pins, screws, and bolts holding the top of the splash guard to the base of the panel immediately in front of the vents there, it should be fairly clear which one of those screws etc. would match up with the only hole on the foot-plate that'd fit in between the upper & lower panels just there. And the other two screw holes are intended to affix to the top of the splash guard, altho I believe there should be a bracket that goes inside the top of the splash guard to accept these two screws. Hope that helps some!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yeah. I don't recognize them either. Didn't the eBay listing identify the brand? Judging by the look of them, they could almost be home-made. So, Computek, highway pegs DO have some usefulness, even if you already have floorboards. You get a chance to stretch your legs. Plus, the additional benefit to your right leg is that you can get your foot out of the path of the hot air. But. I wouldn't use these. No telling how they mount and some of the brands required you to drill holes in the frame. Wouldn't do that, either. And it looks like you're missing some pieces, anyway. You don't ever mount anything directly to the splash guards themselves. They're not built to support that. Brackets should go down behind the splash guards to the frame. Lamonster sells his NBV highway peg set that works out nice, and doesn't harm anything. I used them for 10 years.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 12-15-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I was going to say they look homemade! That picture off the video don't show us enough to figure how they mount.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Homemade ones that might cause the rain deflectors being ripped off, supposed to work like Pierre's ( CanAMSpyderAccessories.com ) The Floating Pegs
    https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...th-black-edge/
    But Pierre's have a much sturdier dual mounting support.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I was going to say they look homemade! That picture off the video don't show us enough to figure how they mount.
    Definitely not home made. Nice exact cuts, chamfered holes, rubber pads and polished aluminum rounded trim on the edges. I know there had to be a bracket that went inside of the air deflector as the plastic certainly couldn't have been used to hold them on. At least not for long. The seller did not have any more info and I rather doubt I can get a refund. I would mount them if I can figure out a safe way to do so. I just installed a full length set of Web Boards on the bike so its really not needed, it would just be nice to use them. Thanks for the reply to you, SnowSpidy, and Peter.

2012 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Homemade ones that might cause the rain deflectors being ripped off, supposed to work like Pierre's ( CanAMSpyderAccessories.com ) The Floating Pegs
    https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...th-black-edge/
    But Pierre's have a much sturdier dual mounting support.
    I saw those and they ARE similar. I am pretty sure some bracketry is missing from what I have. I may have to homebrew that. Still trying to figure out who made them.

2012 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by computek View Post
    I foolishly bought these off ePay. They were mounted around the vents on a 2011 Spyder RT. I did not get any brackets or screws with them so I am at a complete loss as to how they mount. Can anyone identify and/or provide any info? Also I have no need of them as I now have WebBoards on my RT. TIA!
    computek,

In picture # 1 ( the one that has the yellow circles around them) would the floorboards be attached to the part that has says " Can Am" in silver?

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    computek,

In picture # 1 ( the one that has the yellow circles around them) would the floorboards be attached to the part that has says " Can Am" in silver?

Deanna
    I don't think so. I am pretty sure there should be a bracket that is rather similar to Pierre's boards.

2012 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

I don't think so. I am pretty sure there should be a bracket that is rather similar to Pierre's boards.
    I am just trying to help. OK.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I am just trying to help. OK.

Deanna
    Oh, I know you are, and I really appreciate it a lot. I am open to any ideas on these. That picture was sent to me by the seller, it isn't mine. I put them up to my RT before I installed my floorboards and for the life of me, I could not quite see how they would go. I "think" there is something that is inside of that cover for the one screw hole at the end of them and then a bracket on the outside the runs sort of like Pierre's board but further out the scoop for the two screw holes in the middle. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, thanks again!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 07:20 PM.

2012 Spyder RTS

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I know you are, and I really appreciate it a lot. I am open to any ideas on these. That picture was sent to me by the seller, it isn't mine. I put them up to my RT before I installed my floorboards and for the life of me, I could not quite see how they would go. I "think" there is something that is inside of that cover for the one screw hole at the end of them and then a bracket on the outside the runs sort of like Pierre's board but further out the scoop for the two screw holes in the middle. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, thanks again!

Way back after I got my 14 RT .... I took those plastic "wings" (???) apart and made a shaped re-enforcement from 1/8 " steel flat stock, I was able to re-place the plastic back cover .... now I can use them for foot-pegs without fear of them breaking ..... Try and contact the seller and see if they can help ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Way back after I got my 14 RT .... I took those plastic "wings" (???) apart and made a shaped re-enforcement from 1/8 " steel flat stock, I was able to re-place the plastic back cover .... now I can use them for foot-pegs without fear of them breaking ..... Try and contact the seller and see if they can help ..... Mike

Regrettably the seller isn't much help. They are a salvage and removed them from the bike and apparently did not keep all the pieces together. Sigh. I'm afraid I will have to fab up some scrap cardboard as a template and then weld up some steel. Thanks Mike!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2012 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Regrettably the seller isn't much help. They are a salvage and removed them from the bike and apparently did not keep all the pieces together. Sigh. I'm afraid I will have to fab up some scrap cardboard as a template and then weld up some steel. Thanks Mike!
    After looking at the pics of the boards, I think those two chamfered holes might be for the holes in the regular footpegs if the rubber cover was removed ????? .... or are those pics you took or the sellers ???? .............Mike

Spyder Garage

After looking at the pics of the boards, I think those two chamfered holes might be for the holes in the regular footpegs if the rubber cover was removed ????? .... or are those pics you took or the sellers ???? .............Mike
    The pic of the white spyder is from the vendor, the other two are mine. They don't bolt to where the normal footpegs are.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 12:21 AM.

2012 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

The pic of the white spyder is from the vendor, the other two are mine. They dont bolt to where the normal footpegs are.
    Thanks ..... when I built my metal insert, I was able to use OEM mounting points to secure it inside the plastic wings ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

computek,

You are Welcome! Yes, that makes sense. Good luck!

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Think Mike may be on the something, think I saw similar ones that were mounted though the holes under the stock rubber footpegs. Check the spacing on the mounting holes under there

Spyder Garage

The rubber looks a lot like the boards made by Inspector Gadget at custom spyder works.com

Spyder Garage

Check with Lamonstergarage.com - they may be able to help. Also search your city if you have any fabrication shops. Definitely missing some brackets. Lamonster Garage might be able to help with the builder or they may be home built. Wish you the best. Ride safe and always wear your gear, GDoc.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 09:16 PM.
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue