Spyder Garage

Default 2024 Tour Planning

Last year, we toured Pennsylvania, and you guys and gals on this site really came through with awesome suggestions. We listened to you, and saw some amazing things, and rode some amazing 2 lanes. I appreciate every one who gave us input.

I am starting my 2024 trip plans. I am planning a tour of Western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma. (I do plan on stopping at Lamonsters on the way down, and Spyderpops later when we are in Hot Springs.) I will also say, that we did spend some time around Hot Springs in 2019 on our Victory, but we decided it was worth visiting the area again on the Spyder (and stopping at the shops mentioned above).

So, good people of this forum, I am once again asking for your input of what to see and do as we spend several days in Hot Springs, and several more in Eureka Springs in June or July of 2024. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, and I have time to investigate them all since I am starting early (and the bike is put away for the winter).

Thank you!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Not sure what type of person you are as in planning but this set of maps is well worth helping in the planning area. They are free and will mail it directly to you. Once you see the different routes then plug into garmin.

https://exploreharrison.com/guide/?f...7FvLHnQVHgUzuI

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Not sure what type of person you are as in planning but this set of maps is well worth helping in the planning area. They are free and will mail it directly to you. Once you see the different routes then plug into garmin.

https://exploreharrison.com/guide/?f...7FvLHnQVHgUzuI
    Wmoater, planning is actually my job, I just wish it was planning motorcycle trips and then being able to take them all the time. I plan raw materials for a manufacturing company, so I like to have trips mostly planned out, with room for adjustment or adlib as needed.

Your suggestion fits right into how I plan our motorcycle trips. Thank you, and the guide has been requested!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    Last year, we toured Pennsylvania, and you guys and gals on this site really came through with awesome suggestions. We listened to you, and saw some amazing things, and rode some amazing 2 lanes. I appreciate every one who gave us input.

I am starting my 2024 trip plans. I am planning a tour of Western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma. (I do plan on stopping at Lamonsters on the way down, and Spyderpops later when we are in Hot Springs.) I will also say, that we did spend some time around Hot Springs in 2019 on our Victory, but we decided it was worth visiting the area again on the Spyder (and stopping at the shops mentioned above).

So, good people of this forum, I am once again asking for your input of what to see and do as we spend several days in Hot Springs, and several more in Eureka Springs in June or July of 2024. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, and I have time to investigate them all since I am starting early (and the bike is put away for the winter).

Thank you!
    NW Arkansas is a must see place. Twisty roads, fabulous scenery, and nice people. You will like Eureka Springs, and Hot Springs. I also recommend a stop at Mt. Magazine State Park. The highest point in AR. They have a great resort there for an overnight or two. It is located in Paris AR--about mid point between Eureka and Hot Springs. Send for the AR Motorcycle routes book from AR Department of Tourism. It covers the whole state and has pages and pages of suggested rides. Your stop at Lamonsters is also worth it.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-14-2023 at 12:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My wife and I visited Queen Wilhelmina State park last year and stayed a couple of night in the lodge. It's very well kept and has great hiking adjacent.

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/p...ina-state-park

Almost forgot to mention that we stopped for a couple of days in Hot Springs as well. There's hiking there also, but the highlight was getting a hot springs spa experience. We'd do that again without hesitation.
    Last edited by Poppie65; 12-14-2023 at 05:29 PM.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't remember which N-S road it is, but one of the highways from AR to MO is a really pretty roller coaster of a road, up and down, up and down, for miles. And you'll be close enough to Branson, MO to make it worthwhile considering spending some time there.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Visit this site, http://https://www.exploreharrison.com/, and order Motorcycle Riding Guide of the Ozarks. My touring partner and I spent 10 days there back in June. Lots of fun roads to ride. If you do go, take a tour of the Ranger Boat Factory in Flippin. You'll see how other blokes shovel big bucks at fun things.
    Last edited by JayBros; 12-20-2023 at 10:32 AM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't remember which N-S road it is, but one of the highways from AR to MO is a really pretty roller coaster of a road, up and down, up and down, for miles. And you'll be close enough to Branson, MO to make it worthwhile considering spending some time there.
    That would be HWY 7 awesome views that need to be seen going either/both directions.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2023 at 02:35 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    That would be HWY 7 awesome views that need to be seen going either/both directions.
    Thanks. I was sure someone would pop in with the answer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2023 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    HWY 65 meets that description, and goes right through Branson. The great scenery is Between Branson and Harrison AR.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

7 is definitely more scenic than 65....it goes forever between Harrison and South Arkansas. North of Harrison, it goes to Lead Hill AR then connects with 14 which will continue up through parts of Missouri.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-15-2023 at 12:31 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

65 is a rather good road as well. I take that from Conway up to Nixa when I go. My late brother lived in Nixa.

2012 Spyder RTS
    2012 RT-S , BajaRon's plugs and wires 1" spacer Silver

Spyder Garage

So for the first day is just getting from home to Lamonster's shop, hoping like heck it's open when we get there, and staying in Branson after that visit. About 500 miles.
    Day 2 is Branson to Peel's Ferry, then on to Hot springs Via Harrison and the Pig Trail. That will take us across AR Rt 7 and down Rt 23. About 275 miles.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

About 15 years ago a group of us visited a tiger and lion rescue center in the Eureka Springs area called Turpentine Creek Wildlife Rescue. At that time they would take in tigers from individuals and organizations for various reasons. It was an interesting visit. From what I understand they have expanded their offerings and activities. . Search Turpentine Creek and you will find their website.

Poasttown
    2019 F3L
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

On my list: restaurant on the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks https://cliffhouseinnar.com/ go ahead & stretch legs with natural wonders
    Just across state line into Oklahoma & have done https://www.travelok.com/state-parks...lls-state-park Stayed in Siloam spring for Bikes Blues BBQ in Fayetteville also Quite good Various time of year whole area can be just fun to roam ENJOY
    Last edited by Bfromla; 12-19-2023 at 12:16 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

On my list: restaurant on the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks https://cliffhouseinnar.com/ go ahead & stretch legs with natural wonders
    Just across state line into Oklahoma & have done https://www.travelok.com/state-parks...lls-state-park Stayed in Siloam spring for Bikes Blues BBQ in Fayetteville also Quite good Various time of year whole area can be just fun to roam ENJOY
    The restaurant at the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks is indeed a great place. Views to die for, food, a notch above average fare along highway 7. We go there a couple times a year.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2023 at 05:36 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The restaurant at the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks is indeed a great place. Views to die for, food, a notch above average fare along highway 7. We go there a couple times a year.
    Agree 100% Views are great and food is just ok.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

You don't say how many days you are taking on your trip, but I would check out BunkaBiker as a resorce to stay and ask about local rides. Its a great way to stretch your travel budget and meet some wonderful people.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

There lots of great suggestions, and I have ridden almost all of them. But... let me remind you of the heat and humidity...

Last time I was down there it was mid-June, and I was ill-prepared for the heat or humidity. I stayed at a motel near the old Dog Patch USA. But the heat and humidity took its toll. I understand it bothers some, and doesn't affect others, but I just want to remind you to be prepared!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-27-2023 at 08:16 PM.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

When you get the maps, make sure you give yourself some time to explore the roads to the SW of Harrison. Very good twisty roads through Boxley, Lurton, Jasper areas.

And the Talimena Scenic Byway between Talihina, OK (OK 1) and Mena, AR (AR 88) is a great ride. I think. Was foggy as all get-out the time I rode it, but sure had lots of scenic overlooks.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 12-27-2023 at 11:07 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    You don't say how many days you are taking on your trip, but I would check out BunkaBiker as a resorce to stay and ask about local rides. Its a great way to stretch your travel budget and meet some wonderful people.
    Most likely 10 days. I'll check that out, thank you!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledJuan View Post
    There lots of great suggestions, and I have ridden almost all of them. But... let me remind you of the heat and humidity...

Last time I was down there it was mid-June, and I was ill-prepared for the heat or humidity. I stayed at a motel near the old Dog Patch USA. But the heat and humidity took its toll. I understand it bothers some, and doesn't affect others, but I just want to remind you to be prepared!
    We tolerate heat/humidity pretty well. Both of us are "cold blooded" so we prefer heat over cool conditions. I appreciate that reminder.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

so after more research, some cool brochures arriving in the mail, we have our timeframe (not dates) in mind.
    Day 1 - Lamonsters
    Day 2- down to Hot Springs on Rt 7, we will catch the Pig Trail when we stay in Eureka Springs later in the trip.
    days in Hot Springs and a stop at Spyderpops for more goodies.
    days in Eureka Springs
    days to get back home.......

I'm still writing down your suggestions and I'll put an itinerary together once we get closer to lift off.
    Thank you all for reading along and for your suggestions.
    2022 Sea to Sky