Spyder Garage

Default What is involved in removing console switch plug covers?

Attempting to remove plugs to install rocker switches. How do you remove the plugs? Do I need to remove some of the plastic?
    Also, are there any after-market rocker switches that would be cheaper than the BRP originals?

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & expanded title to briefly ask the question/s ;-)

Spyder Garage

RT, I don't know, but most of the plugs that cover unused holes are the same. They got some little spring clips that hold them in. If you have some inspection covers on each side of the tank, maybe the cover over the dipstick, reach up under there and feel the under side. If it is just spring clips, press them together and the cover will pop right out. Might be able to see under there with a flashlight and an inspection mirror.

If you have a service manual, look in there. If you don't have one, there is most likely some videos on UTube that shows how to get to the back side, or maybe how to take the covers off. Look for a video on adding switches.
    Last edited by Gwolf; 12-13-2023 at 08:01 PM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    Attempting to remove plugs to install rocker switches. How do you remove the plugs? Do I need to remove some of the plastic?
    Also, are there any after-market rocker switches that would be cheaper than the BRP originals?

Thanks,
    David
    I have a 14 RT and they can be pried off ..... put some scotch tape around the cover before you pry it .... this will help to not mar the plastic ....Good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

On the RT 20-23 Just remove the Black cover on the right side and you can feel the tabs for the covers just press the tab and lift to remove them.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    On the RT 20-23 Just remove the Black cover on the right side and you can feel the tabs for the covers just press the tab and lift to remove them.
    What he said. I pulled the blank cover off of my 2020 RTL and replaced it with a USB charging port.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6