Spyder Garage

Default F3 or F3-S Tail Tidy - anyone seen or know of one? Does one exist?

As the title states, has anyone ever seen or know if a "tail tidy" for a Spyder?

I'm needing to find a place to mount a rear camera and a small radar for blind spot detection. Being attached the rear fender would not be a very stable platform, so I thought if the rear fender could be cleaned up, and the license plate and plate light relocated to a tail tidy, this would provide a more stable platform to attach these items to.

Any such thing? I found one YouTube video, for an older Can-Am, but nothing else.

Thoughts or comments welcome.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Not sure about a tail tidy other than a chopped rear fender. That said, you could just remove the OEM lower rear fender and install a side license plate mount. I ran the lamp wire to the accessory lead under the passenger seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Not sure about a tail tidy other than a chopped rear fender. That said, you could just remove the OEM lower rear fender and install a side license plate mount. I ran the lamp wire to the accessory lead under the passenger seat.
    An idea, thanks. But its not about relocating the plate, its more about creating a stable platform for a rear cam and radar unit. I have my work cutout for me I think...

Spyder Garage

I have my rear camera mounted to the Shad saddlebag bracket. If you don' have saddlebags you could make a small bracket mounted to the rear bolt for the passenger grip. I have been looking at the Blind spot monitors, but haven't purchased yet. I have been trying to figure where to mount it. Do you know what size the unit is? I found a Tidy tail on Ebay that they claim will fit a F3, but I'm not sure I want to mount it to the plastic inner fender.
    Please post what you come up with, I may want to do the same.
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Tyme View Post
    I have my rear camera mounted to the Shad saddlebag bracket. If you don' have saddlebags you could make a small bracket mounted to the rear bolt for the passenger grip. I have been looking at the Blind spot monitors, but haven't purchased yet. I have been trying to figure where to mount it. Do you know what size the unit is? I found a Tidy tail on Ebay that they claim will fit a F3, but I'm not sure I want to mount it to the plastic inner fender.
    Please post what you come up with, I may want to do the same.

The passenger grip mounting bolt seems like a very good idea! I'll have to see what it will take to make such a bracket. Thanks!

I have the INNOVV ThirdEYE. See my attached image from the unit I bought.

Its 36mm around x 26.2mm deep using my digital calipers. Pretty small, but when you add brackets etc. it may be hard to hide from plain view.
    Attached Images Attached Images