Spyder Garage

Default Fred Rau is stopping by the Chat Room tonight

Just got off the phone with Fred and he mentioned stopping by for RT chat tonight.

Fred has some valuable insight on the RT and touring in general as he has put more miles on the RT two-up than any other rider and knows how the communication system works better than any other RT rider. That and the fact he has more miles on motorcycles than the combined mileage of some motorcycle clubs.

See you in the chat room at 9pm est or 6pm pct
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...ashchat&room=1

Spyder Garage

Nice chat tonight. Fred was great.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Just got off the phone with Fred and he mentioned stopping by for RT chat tonight.

Fred has some valuable insight on the RT and touring in general as he has put more miles on the RT two-up than any other rider and knows how the communication system works better than any other RT rider. That and the fact he has more miles on motorcycles than the combined mileage of some motorcycle clubs.

See you in the chat room at 9pm est or 6pm pct
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...ashchat&room=1
    Well, I just now saw the post and since I live in the central time zone, it's over by now. Lamont, is it possible to post a transcript of the chat?

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glynnk View Post
    Well, I just now saw the post and since I live in the central time zone, it's over by now. Lamont, is it possible to post a transcript of the chat?

Glynnk
    Lamonster was saying that he thinks Fred will be showing up for more of the Monday night chats so you could have another shot at chatting with him.

Spyder Garage

Tried entering the chat last night but my internet service decided it was a good time to act up. I hate I missed it, no doubt a lot of vaulble infomation was shared. Oh well, maybe next time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone care to share some of the highlights????
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Some of the highlights....

Fred loves his RT, would buy one if he could afford it, loves the seat but would maybe like a rider backrest, thinks the RT is hands down the best three wheeler out there based on safety, likes the comm system and has used it with at least 2 or 3 different headsets... I'm trying to remember what else...

He spent a little while explaining his qualifications as a test rider and so we could see where he was coming from; over 300 bikes tested, 1.3 million miles in the saddle, helped in the design of Goldwing model(s) (can't remember which one(s)), a lot of experience with Goldwings running rider's clubs and magazines, tested just about every Harley ever made... I'm sure there was more but I can't remember nor can I remember more specific details of his Goldwing clubs and mags.

He was online with us for almost an hour and tried to answer every question posed to him. I only recall one or two instances where a question was posed that I didn't see him answer. With about 15 chatters in there and a few of us firing questions at him almost nonstop, he did a great job. Anyone who's been in the chatroom knows that it can get hectic in there with 15 people typing things and then trying to read what has been typed. The screen gets kinda jumbled looking with all the text. Add to that, Lamonster stated that he thought it was Fred's first time in a chatroom so he was also having to get comfortable with the format.

It was a great time. I'm glad I decided to join in.
    Last edited by bjt; 11-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the summary...hopefully, next time I'll read the post sooner. Waiting on my RT-S!!!

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Fred and Lamont are a great pair. Fred is the ultimate rider and Lamont is the ultimate gearhead. This makes for a great chat session.

Spyder Garage

Default I'll be back....

Like the Governator said.

Anyway, it was bit hectic in there, but I enjoyed it. Unless something comes up to prevent it, I promise to be in the RT chatroom again next Monday.

Fred

Spyder Garage

I am going to try to make it in the chat room next week, that's if I don't end up falling asleep again , so soon

I got a big construction going on at the house onto our new existing home (6yrs), adding on a Master Suite (900sq ft), storage (200sq ft), a pantry (200sq ft), and a motorcycle garage (100sq ft). So much work, and with the Holidays to prepare for, I am pooped in the evenings.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    I am going to try to make it in the chat room next week, that's if I don't end up falling asleep again , so soon

I got a big construction going on at the house onto our new existing home (6yrs), adding on a Master Suite (900sq ft), storage (200sq ft), a pantry (200sq ft), and a motorcycle garage (100sq ft). So much work, and with the Holidays to prepare for, I am pooped in the evenings.
    Don't you have the square footages mixed up, or did you just miss a zero on the motorcycle garage?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Don't you have the square footages mixed up, or did you just miss a zero on the motorcycle garage?

No miss zero on the motorcycle garage. We only have 2 bikes, spyder (soon to be replaced by an RT'S and a VTX 1800.
    Measurements are 6ft x 16ft, maybe I figured it wrong.

Plenty of room for our 2 bikes

How have you been? Hope everything is going alright for you!!!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    No miss zero on the motorcycle garage. We only have 2 bikes, spyder (soon to be replaced by an RT'S and a VTX 1800.
    Measurements are 6ft x 16ft, maybe I figured it wrong.

Plenty of room for our 2 bikes

How have you been? Hope everything is going alright for you!!!
    Sounds just the right size for the VTX, however if I know BumbleBee she is probably working on a plan to put the RT in the Master Suite.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Sounds just the right size for the VTX, however if I know BumbleBee she is probably working on a plan to put the RT in the Master Suite.

Be plenty of room, I am going to need a elevator
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,