Spyder Garage

Question What settings are lost when the battery is disconnected - '23 F3-S?

Does anyone know what settings are lost when the battery is disconnected?

I'm assuming some stuff goes back to default, but can find no clear information telling me what.

I'm assuming stuff like the clocks and display brightness are lost. But what about trip meters and Bluetooth settings? I use trip A to verify gas mileage and trip B for service interval. I'm pretty sure the odometer is not lost. lol

Can anyone fill in some of the gaps please?

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-03-2023 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Expanded/revised title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Vaguely remember might have lost trip meters, sorry haven’t done in a while. Might have been accidental in process. Take pics back yourself up

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The only thing I lost on my 2015 RT last month when I disconnected was the clock which is pretty much worthless anyway.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    The only thing I lost on my 2015 RT last month when I disconnected was the clock which is pretty much worthless anyway.
    Ain't that the truth

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

This is promising news. The only thing I truly care about are the trip meters. It's my OCD.

My Spyder only has 20 miles on it. Both trip "A" and "B" are at the same mileage as the odometer. As silly as it sounds, it would really mess with me if I lost them as I would have to remember to add the mileage to trip B for my service interval and to add it to trip A for my MPG at my next fill up. Both of which will not happen until next year as riding season is over, so would likely never happen.

I wouldn't mind keeping the stats as well since I log those at every fill up and compare them to my calculations. (I did say this was my OCD right? )

I could care less about the other settings.

Maybe I could piggy back a 12V supply or second battery so I can remove the battery and still keep all the data...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Ain't that the truth
    Yeah, I'll second that motion!

Spyder Garage

Ocd can handle an error or two, & or simply wait & change after fill up at the station. Don’t know bout new dash, but there is also a pause feature have accidentally engaged thinking was adjusting volume. Also consider adding star washers D00033B8-1434-4012-BAA3-86AFADACE898.jpegbetween post & terminals.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Had the battery disconnected on my 2019 several times. Only thing that ever went back to factory settings was the clock, and I never bother to re-set it anyway, because the numbers are so small I can't see them without getting real close and using reading glasses. I can see most of the other numbers well enough. Clock seems to be smaller numbers. The Spyder is the only scooter I ever had with a clock and a fuel gauge. It took many months before I would trust what the fuel gauge says, but it seems fairly accurate now. Clock never accurate. It never gets set for daylight saving or regular time, and never gets set after battery is diconnected. It is ignored always.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Time for you to give it up and get a set of glasses on that face!!! You may be missing more than to think! Hand a red flag off your antenna so I can swing wide of you coming down the street!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Time for you to give it up and get a set of glasses on that face!!! You may be missing more than to think! Hand a red flag off your antenna so I can swing wide of you coming down the street!

Glasses for what? I have perfect vision 3 feet out from my face. I can pass the driver license vision test, no problem. I only need reading glasses for close up work. It would ruin my distace vision to wear them while riding. Anything past the handlebars I can see. It is only the close up stuff, that goes blurry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Clock never accurate. It never gets set for daylight saving or regular time, and never gets set after battery is diconnected. It is ignored always.

~~~I’m with you there for the same reasons. I never use nor look at the clock on my 2021 RT Limited. Since I’m WIS I look at my wristwatch if I want to know what time it is. Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Glasses for what? I have perfect vision 3 feet out from my face. I can pass the driver license vision test, no problem. I only need reading glasses for close up work. It would ruin my distace vision to wear them while riding. Anything past the handlebars I can see. It is only the close up stuff, that goes blurry.
    I'm in the same boat. Can read a license plate a block away, but can't see a menu in the restaurant.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have sunglasses with a correction for distance. At the very bottom of the lens, I have a 2-power bifocal. I don't have to move my head to see my dash or the highway in front of me. I simply look down or look up without any distractions. Very simple and very effective.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I got cheater clear safety glasses in the shop with the bifocal spot on the bottom of the lens. On the highway, the bifocal with a clear on top would be just one more set of glare to look through, along with the clear helmet shield. I can wear the bifocal safety glasses with a clear full-face shield in the shop with the over-head lights. Going into the sun that is low on the horizon in the morning or afternoon, the extra set of glare is something I can do without. I don't need correction for distance, and it would just be additional glare. One other problem is that the cheater lens on the bottom of the shop safety glasses is about 4.5 power. I have to switch to a 6 or 8 power set of jeweler's headbands for really close work, like small wire soldering. I don't have anything against wearing glasses. Wore clear safety glasses on the job for over 30 years, OSHA and MSHA regulations. If I have a choice, I do what works best, and what works best riding is no reading glasses. I can see all the gauges in the truck just fine. Far enough back from them, they are not a blur. It is only on the Spyder that the tiny writing on the gauge panel is blurred. I can see my watch easier. The tiny numbers on the Spyder clock are useless.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-06-2023 at 05:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

They call them translon lenes, you'll be able to focus on everything from your hand to out as far as you want, all you have to do is rock your head up or down to focus in on anything I will say in some places you have a hard time to get it just right, but it's easier than looking for your cheaters that are never on your person! And you'll be able to see that clock on your dash and see the deer crossing the road in front of you a mile away! Just saying, I had to move into them a few years ago, they take a week or so you get use to them, but after you do, you'll say why did I wait so long. I used to get the biggest kick watching my wife and mother rocking the hands in and out trying to see things, then they gave up! Anyway, good luck, and again don't take this the wrong way!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

You can stop worrying about it now. I fixed it this morning.

I put a piece of black tape over the clock numbers.

Spyder Garage

I put a piece of black tape over the clock numbers.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I believe the auto sound “lowering/fade” is also lost and needs reset from OEM speaker settings? Not sure what it is called. When you stop at a stop light and have music playing out of the speakers, it should automatically lower. There are 4 settings I believe on the new system. None; Low, which means the volume doesn’t change much; Medium, which is standard; and High, which means the music becomes very low at stop lights. The bass and treble settings are also set back to factory I believe. Not sure about the new models. Also, don’t some of the Bluetooth devices need to be re-synched? I think uClear communicators are lost for sure. Might be other companies that do to.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2023 at 12:21 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Just adding some closure to this thread as I have found the answer out.

After speaking with the Service Manager at the dealer (was there to pick up parts for my upgrades and mods) he confirmed that the only thing he remembers that got lost was the clock.

So I went ahead and disconnected the battery. I can confirm (at least on the USA spec 2023 F3-S ) that the only setting I had to redo was my clock.

Settings that I did NOT have to redo or that were NOT lost were:

• Trip A data
    • Trip B data
    • Odometer (I knew this couldn't reset)
    • Bluetooth - Headset
    • Bluetooth - Phone
    • Instrument cluster settings (which trip to display, brightness etc.)

To my knowledge, all I had to go back and reset was the clock. I am not 100% sure but I may have had to switch the display from auto to dark mode. But I might have changed it prior to removing the battery while I was messing around. Regardless this is minor stuff and doesn't take any time to do.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2023 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Colour....