Spyder Garage

Default Vredestein Quatrac 5 news

FYI....Vredestein's reply to my inquiry trying to find a Quatrac 5 rear tire for my 2020 Spyder RT (205/60/R15):

Thank you John for your email.
    We no longer make the Quatrac 5 in that size. It has moved over to the Quatrac tire.

My current rear tire has a tiny hole which I've plugged, so am looking for a replacement rear tire....(current tire has about 11,000 miles on it).
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is what I have/had on mine until my rear end accident and it was replaced with a kenda, I will go back to the Quatrac once the kenda does it thing and wears out in the middle.

I had about 22,000 miles on my Quatrac when it was replaced and probably had about 7-10,000 left on it when it was removed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R6QT&tab=Sizes

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

VREDESTEIN QUATRAC is a great choice and I think you will like them!
    I ran the VREDESTEIN Quatrac 5 - 205/60R15 at 18 PSI but tire had a tire date of SEPT 2016 so now all my tires are over 7 years old and time to get fresh tires.
    Just mounted and balanced these brand new VREDESTEIN QUATRAC tires.

REAR: VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 205/60R15 and both new front FRONT: VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 165/60R15 tires from Tire Rack with date code May 2023. Complete set was delivered next day for $358.00!

The salt trucks are running around here in S. Wisconsin right now, but my 2018 Spyder RTL is ready to go. They should be awesome!

New Rear1 VREDESTEIN Quatrac 14541 mles 11.23.2023 205 60R15 18PSI.jpg

New Rear2 VREDESTEIN Quatrac14541 miles 11.23.2023 205 60R15 18PSI.jpg

New set front tires 11.23.2023 mileage 14541.6.jpg

New set front tires3 11.23.2023 mileage 14541.6.jpg

Rear Quatrac Mounted.jpg

Front Quatrac Mounted.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-02-2023 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Added ' 's ;-)
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    FYI....Vredestein's reply to my inquiry trying to find a Quatrac 5 rear tire for my 2020 Spyder RT (205/60/R15):

Thank you John for your email.
    We no longer make the Quatrac 5 in that size. It has moved over to the Quatrac tire.

My current rear tire has a tiny hole which I've plugged, so am looking for a replacement rear tire....(current tire has about 11,000 miles on it).
    Not surprising. The Quatrac 5 has been discontinued for quite some time. And why would you want one when the current Quatrac is a superior tire?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not surprising. The Quatrac 5 has been discontinued for quite some time. And why would you want one when the current Quatrac is a superior tire?
    Thanks Ron...didn't know the 5 had been gone a while. I have replaced my knowledge bank, with Quatrac being my current choice......
    John B.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    Thanks Ron...didn't know the 5 had been gone a while. I have replaced my knowledge bank, with Quatrac being my current choice......
    If all you have is a tiny hole in the tread area. It would be a waste to replace the tire if it has good tread life left. It's not like we are riding 2 wheels where a flat can be extremely dangerous. Of course, a flat is never fun, regardless of the danger or lack thereof. But you could be riding down the road on a brand new tire and get a flat.

A decently patched tire, especially a rear, on the Spyder is not something I would be concerned about.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If all you have is a tiny hole in the tread area. It would be a waste to replace the tire if it has good tread life left. It's not like we are riding 2 wheels where a flat can be extremely dangerous. Of course, a flat is never fun, regardless of the danger or lack thereof. But you could be riding down the road on a brand new tire and get a flat.

A decently patched tire, especially a rear, on the Spyder is not something I would be concerned about.
    IMHO, when riding TWO wheels you are using Mtc. tires which Spyders don't use ..... Car tires are constructed differently than Mtc. tires and take a plug much better .... Ride it with the plug .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-02-2023 at 11:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

.... A decently patched tire, especially a rear, on the Spyder is not something I would be concerned about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... Ride it with the plug ....
    Both comments align with my actions. I only posted that the Quatrac 5 was discontinued (thinking it was news). The tire has over 11,000 miles on it, so I plugged it and will ride it until the tread is gone.

But I did order a new Quatrac yesterday to have on the shelf, just in case.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-03-2023 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    John B.

Spyder Garage

I liked the Q5 tread pattern up front because of the asymmetric design that pushed standing water to the outside. Seemed less of a benefit on the rear.

The Q is symmetric and pushes the water to both sides - better for the rear IMHO.

Either tire is an excellent choice for the Spyder.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White