Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Your Weather News @ December Edition 2023

....Well folks this is the First Day of December and we are having some changes in our local area weather news. I have been reading about the National Weather Service and they are working on a 'Better Way' to talk about this Winter Snow Season. So far it sounds like a good plan. I hope they can get it right and keep it somewhat simple.
    Well, so much for that little bit of news.

Yes, we are now into the last month of 2023. This has been a challenging year for me and my family. I believe that God has everything under control and that we will not be crushed more than we can handle. Enjoy your Day and Your family Time this Season.

Remember that this is a family friendly forum. So Please post up in a friendly way and we will do just fine.

Indiana is starting out with a full day of rain today. Currently it is overcast and 45°F. So no lce or Snow for me today. We actually need a little rain so I guess this is a good thing.
    I have not finished all of the 'Honey Doos'. So I will check the list and see what happens next.

Today's high is 47°F with all day rain.
    Low of 43°F.

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

The desert weather is not very desert-like today. Currently it's 58 degrees and todays high will only get to 63. The sky's are mostly broken clouds and there is a 20% chance of sprinkles. There is a slight breeze. I am conflicted! Trying to decide between taking the convertible to my usual Friday car show or just chillin' out at home with a warm cup of coco. I've got about an hour to make the final decision. (So far, the coco is winning) Stay safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend 12/02 - 12/03/2023

...Welcome to the First Weekend of December. Currently we have 46°F and overcast sky.
    Yesterday's rain was good and lasted for almost all day. I received about a half inch. My yard needed some help.

Today's high is 47°F with clouds.
    Low at 39°F. No rain in our forecast for weekend.

Sunday's high should be 45°F with clouds.
    Low of 30°F. No snow in the forecast.

Everything is good for now. Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....

Spyder Garage

December has come in with low 50's, cloudy, and intermittent rain. The evenings are now mostly mid 30's. It is supposed to warm slightly in the next few days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Currently 57 degrees here in the desert. Sunny blue skies with a few puffy clouds. Very light breeze. Todays high will be 65. Forecast shows we'll increase temperatures each day 3-4 degrees until Wednesday when the high is expected to be 80. Yesterday just when I was about to settle back and chill with a hot coco, the skies parted and the sun came out. Dropped top and off I went to the Friday car show in the convertible. Glad I did. There were only about half the usual participants, maybe a hundred cars. But I met some nice, new to me, people and learned some new car things. Arizona winters are great for people into hot rods and classic cars. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

We had cloudy skies here in Vermont. The temps were in the upper 30's.

Also, we had a stationary front that kept the skies cloudy, with a few mountain snow showers near the Canadian Border. It will be colder than Friday, with highs in the 30's to a few low 40's. Isolated freezing drizzle is possible Saturday night, so while it won't be widespread, extreme caution should be used if you are traveling during that time.

We be having a bigger storm system that will be impacting the region Sunday afternoon through midday Monday. This storm is looking similar to the one from last Sunday/Monday. Rain developing in the valleys Sunday afternoon, with heavy wet snow likely in the mountains. This will continue overnight into early Monday morning, potentially causing a messy morning commute. The rain/snow will taper to scattered showers and snow showers during the day on Monday. The mountains could get 4 to 8 inches accumulation, especially at the summits, with little to no accumulation in valleys. Power outages are also possible.

The rest of the week looks relatively quite, with a couple of unsettled days. Flurries are expected Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday will be dry, with highs in the upper 20's to low 30's, and lows in the teens a touch cold for early December. A clipper system could bring snow showers on Friday.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 12/04/23

....Welcome back from the Weekend, currently we have overcast sky at 31°F.
    Sunday afternoon was a little warmer than usual, about 4°F. No snow here but we received a good amount of rain. I still have two trees that are hanging on to the leaves. It is just the way these trees operate.

Today is going to be about the same as yesterday, at 43°F. Still a lot of clouds.
    Low of 29°F.

Stay in the Game and be Safe. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 12/05/23

....Well I enjoyed yesterday and the wee bit of sunshine (about 3 hours). Some people can get 'under the weather' because of the lack of sunshine. There's a word for it but my senior memory can't recall it. So moving forward with happy thoughts.
    Christmas is 20 days away and we are ready. How about you?

Currently overcast sky and 37°F. We have rain showers this morning. Luckily for us we will be free of snow showers because of the higher temperature. .....
    Also when it comes to snow, I just stay home. The ice and snow are not very friendly to me.

Today we will have 41°F for the high.
    Low of 30°F. Chance of a snow shower tonight.
    No real issues here with the rain or snow showers.

Stay Healthy and Enjoy your Day. ....

Spyder Garage

Currently 76 degrees here in the desert. Blue skies and no wind. The high will be 78 and tomorrow we're expecting to hit 80. The overnight low will be 49. Stay safe..... Jim

Update; We actually made it to 82 degrees today
    Last edited by canamjhb; 12-05-2023 at 06:08 PM.
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Here in Vermont the current temp is 24 degrees. It was a grey, glum, gloomy day with lots of clouds and chilly air. And not much will change through the rest of the week. There will be a few sunny breaks from time to time. It will also staying chilly especially by Thursday morning when some of the usual colder pockets will start out in the single digits for low temps. There may be even a few spots that start out below zero!

THEN.............it will start to warm up by the end of the week, and certainly over the weekend. But the warmer air will be ahead of an approaching strong storm system. We will generally be on the warm side of this system, so it looks like it will be a rain event late Sunday into Monday, although it may end with a few snow showers mixed in by late Monday. The rain and the melting snow may bring some minor flooding problems. ( Which we don't need) Strong winds could be a problem with this storm system, too.

I have heard the temps during the weekend will be in the 50's.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 12/06/23

.... Hang in there you north eastern people. Tis the season for the cold temperatures and then the snow. I enjoy Indiana and it's seasons of change. What I don't enjoy anymore is the ice and snow. The driveway has to be cleared of the snow and ice. Then you have to decide if you want to go out in these conditions.

As I'm retired and don't have a real job anymore, I think twice about going out.
    I know that takes the 'fun' out of the picture. Just like to relax and see the snow.
    I enjoy the warmth and coziness of being in the house........

Oh Yeah, I need to tell you about the weather in my local area.
    So here goes the conditions for today.
    Currently raining here and 36°F.
    The high should be 41°F with some sunshine.
    Low at 33°F.

Be Safe and Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

65 degree day today, got in a 70 mile ride this afternoon.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The current temp here in Vermont is 15 degrees and mostly cloudy.

We are headed for the coldest night of the season so far with temps bottoming out in the single digits and lows in the teens for most of us by Thursday morning. Some of the usual colder spots like the Northeast Kingdom( near the Canadian Border) may drop below zero. It will stay chilly with lots of clouds on Thursday, just like the last couple of days. There may be a few sunny breaks in the afternoon, especially the farther seas you are.

Then it will warm up on Friday. As we get into the weekend temps will climb even more, getting in the 40's for a lot of us on Saturday and even some 50's on Sunday. But the warm-up will be happening ahead of an approaching frontal system that will be bringing some strong weather late Sunday into Monday. With those warm temps in place, that system will be hitting us with a lot of just plain rain, which could be heavy at times late Sunday and Sunday night. As the system moves through on Monday, there will be a changeover to snow, especially in the higher elevations.

At this point, it does not look like there will be the heavy snow accumulations like we saw over the past couple of weekends, but there still could be enough slushy accumulation on Monday to create some travel trouble. Temps will be dropping below freezing Monday night, and all of those wet and snowy surfaces will be freezing up.

There could be enough rain and snowmelt to create some minor flooding problems. And this system will have some strong, possibly damaging winds. Again, some of us could loss power next week.

After that the storm moves out late on Monday, the weather will calm down and cool down.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 12/07/23

....First off today is Pearl Harbor Remembance Day. I believe most of you know what that means.
    This was the Day Japan attacked Pearl Harbor Hawaii. Check out on Google for more information.
    Prayers for those who gave their life and their families. Thank You so very much.

A little wet this morning and currently we have overcast sky with 34°F.
    Suppose to be a little warmer today. Also we may have sunshine to help brighten
    up the day. It has been a very tuff week so far. So bring it on.

Today's numbers are 52°F with sunshine.
    Low at 42°F with some rain showers coming tonight.
    Oh boy, that's just the way these things go.

Stay Healthy and Enjoy your Day. ....

Spyder Garage

A beautiful day today. We hit 60 degrees, with sunshine and a bit of wind. Lows tonight in the high 40's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Our current temp in Vermont is 26 degrees. We had yet another very chilly morning, with mainly cloudy day and this coming after some of the coldest low temps this morning we have seen so far this season. Some spots in the Northeast Kingdom (near the Canadian Border) and the northern New Hampshire started the day below zero.

Temps will finally bounce back up to closer to normal on Friday (normal high temps is my area is 38 degrees). And we will have our best bet for seeing some prolonged sunshine during the afternoon on Friday.

Clouds will return heading into the weekend. Temps will be jumping into the 40's for most of the areas.

Then it will turn more active on Sunday as a strong frontal system starts to move in from the south ahead of the approaching system. Rain will be developing by late morning and continuing through the day. There could be some heavy down pours during the overnight hours heading into Monday morning.

As the front moves eastward on Monday, cold air will come back in, changing the rain over to wet snow. That heavy wet snow will pile up several inches in the higher elevations, but not as much as it did for the last couple of Sunday/Monday storms, Still, the snow and falling temps on Monday could make for some slick hazardous travel.

Rainfall could be as much as 1"-3" and that combined with snow melt from the mild weekend temps, could lead to some minor flooding problems.

Wind gusts could be as high as 50 MPH late Sunday into early Monday. The combination of those strong winds and heavy, wet snow could once again result in numerous power outages, like we had the last couple of Sunday/Monday storms.

I am OK.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-08-2023 at 01:00 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

We're getting prolonged Heat Waves & High Temps all across Oz this month, while we're having a bit more 'changeable weather' here in my part of South Oz at the moment - 38°C/100°F fairly early this morning, with Extreme/Catastrophic Fire Danger & Severe Weather (Winds) Warnings (that are par for the course pretty much State wide atm) with Warnings of 'not nice' changes coming later this arvo; and now as the afternoon progresses, the Severe Weather (Thunder Storms & Lightning Storms) have hit and the thunderstorms have rolled in; so the temperature has dropped into the mid/high 20's °C/80-ish° F; the rain is pelting down; and they're now issuing Alerts for Initial Flood Watch/Warnings PLUS Downy Mildew, which is an airborne spread crop mould that occurs after wet weather, especially with high humidity & sustained warm temps; and Sheep Graziers Warnings, cos amongst other things, the sheep get so wet & their fleeces so heavy that they can founder & suffocate under the wet weight!

Bloody Weather can't make up its mind - it was too hot to ride this morning, and I had some track access time to do some testing lined up too; but the track surface was too hot and sticky, so quite reasonably, they didn't want me out there on it ripping it up!! And now the temp has dropped it's just too wet; besides, I really don't want to be the tallest thing out there on a relatively large, flat expanse riding around creating lots of static electricity during a Lightning storm, do I?!

Tomorrow looks a lot cooler - expected max of 15°C.... but the Heavy Rain is forecast to continue into early next week! Maybe I'll just park the Spyder outside and let it have its annual wash?!

Stay Safe everyone, and Season's Greetings to you all!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Intermountain Utah is about to experience a snowstorm and our riding weather is probably over for the year. Ski resorts are very happy. I think that we will have a white christmas. BTW for any of my Utah friends White Christmas(Bingg Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera-Ellen) is playing next week at the old theater in American Fork.,

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Friday 12/08/23

....Wow, White Christmas is a family favorite. Oh well, I have it on a DVD so it can be enjoyed any time.
    Miracle on 34th Street, Its a Wonderful Life, and the Wizard of Oz are some of the family's must see.

Currently I have overcast sky and 49°F. Going to be a good day to get the weekly routine finished.
    You know, food, gas, and the wife's car washed. I'm sure the wife will want to do some shopping.

High today of 53°F with clouds and 15 to 30 mph winds.
    Low of 49°F and a possible chance of rain tonight.
    No snow here till a later date. That's the way I like it.

Stay Safe and Enjoy your Day. ....
    Christmas is seventeen days away. .........

Spyder Garage

Watching It's a Wonderful Life is a Christmas tradition for me. I relate to the movie because I, too, worked instead of going to college and spent over 35 years in the banking industry. And I share Georges' last name.....Bailey. Pretty well have the movie memorized but always find something new with each viewing.

Today in the desert it will be 70 degrees. That's down from the screen door days we've had earlier this week. But still very comfortable. Clear blue skies and no wind. The overnight low will be in the mid 40s. No rain in sight. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

They have issued a flood Watch on Dec. 08, @ 1:50 PM EST until Dec. 11, @ 7:00 PM EST.
    Flood Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through Monday Afternoon...........

What....... Flooding caused by rain and snow melt is possible.

Where.......... The Eastern Adirondacks into most of Central and Northern Vermont, including Chaplain Valley.

When....... From Sunday Afternoon through Monday Afternoon.

Impacts...... Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.

Creeks and streams may rise out of the banks.

They also issued a Winter Weather Storm Watch.

Winter Storm Watch issued December 08, 2023 @ 2:34PM EST until Dec. 11, @ 7:00 PM EST.

Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday Evening through Monday Evening ....

What.... Heavy wet snow possible. Total accumulations of 5 to 10 inches, with localized 12 to 18 inches possible across the Central and Northern Green Mountains of Vermont.

Where.... Portions of Northern New York and parts of Central and Northern Vermont, including Northeast Kingdom (near the Canadian Border).

When.... From Sunday evening through Monday evening.

Impacts... Travel could be very difficult, especially Sunday night into Monday, including the Monday commute.

There may be scattered power outages that are possible.

Additional Details... Snowfall rates on Monday morning could exceed 1 inch per hour. Furthermore, gusty northwest winds 25 to 35 mph could produce additional power outages on Monday afternoon into Monday night.

I'll be OK.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-09-2023 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Tomorrow looks a lot cooler - expected max of 15°C.... but the Heavy Rain is forecast to continue into early next week! Maybe I'll just park the Spyder outside and let it have its annual wash?!

Stay Safe everyone, and Season's Greetings to you all!
    Well, the Spyder's had its annual wash (in the rain! ) & is back in the shed! And while half of the rest of the Country (& State for that matter! ) is sweltering if not actually burning, there ain't no riding happening around here today, cos as someone famous (in Oz, anyway ) once wrote "Ma, the rains 'as really come!" or words to that effect! We've been told to expect a whole month's worth of rain today, and it's already looking like we might get even more than that... Good thing we're close to the top of a hill, in the Hills, and well above pretty much anything but a flood of biblical proportions!

And yet other parts of the State & Country are still sweltering in 45+ °C temps, with many places already under 'Catastrophic Fire Warning - Too late to Leave - Shelter in Place' alerts or already burning! No wonder the Six White Boomers are looking for asbestos socks & jackets!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather 12/09 - 12/10/23

....First off, a little prayer for those who are in trouble with weather problems. ....
    I know first hand about rain and snow. I heard about the hot days of the season. Definitely
    not a fun time. So everyone stay Safe and Enjoy your Day.

Currently a little bit of rain and 54°F
    Today's numbers are looking good for now.
    High of 58°F with some sun.
    A chance of afternoon rain showers.
    Low at 29°F with some clouds.
    No Snow here till later.

Sunday is a real pistol.
    High will be only 34°F with some sun.
    Low of 22°F.

Enjoy your Weekend and Stay Healthy. .....

Spyder Garage

...I enjoyed my first December Ryde Time. The temperature (53°F) was good but the 'wind chill' was much worse than I wanted it to be.
    I just wanted to see if it was doable for me.

I am a member of the 'Ole Man Club' and only Ryde when the temperature gets above 50°F.
    ....The wife said she would just stay home.

Stay in the Game. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 12/11/23

...Welcome back from the Weekend currently we have 29°F with some clouds. I guess everyone was busy with the holiday season rush. Hopefully you can slow down a little bit and just enjoy the Time. My NFL team lost their game. I really wanted Them to win. Oh well, I guess we have next year.

Today we have some clouds and no rain in the forecast.
    High of 37°F.
    Low of 28°F.

Have a Blessed Day and Stay Safe. ....

Two weeks till Christmas. We are done with our shopping. ........