Spyder Garage

Default Is there a kit to Change 2015 F3 rear suspension to air ride?

I have been trying to search for putting air ride on my 2015 F3s and keep getting kicked out of the F3 forum. I'm sure by now there must be a kit or something to put air ride on this model. I see they have factory air ride on the F3T and Limited. So is there somewhere I can find air ride for my old girl? Thanks, Jim

f3T
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brass-monky View Post
    I have been trying to search for putting air ride on my 2015 F3s and keep getting kicked out of the F3 forum. I'm sure by now there must be a kit or something to put air ride on this model. I see they have factory air ride on the F3T and Limited. So is there somewhere I can find air ride for my old girl? Thanks, Jim

f3T
    I'm not an expert on the F-3's ..... However, I'm pretty sure all the F-3's since 2015 already have the Air Bag in front of the shock absorber ..... A lot of folks here who had the AUTO-ADJUSTABLE system .... removed it because it was problem prone ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

The 'air bag' on the F3-T's & Ltd's, and on the RT's too, is NOT truly an 'air ride' system as such - it's more of an 'air assisted ride levelling system', one which MANY owners end up having significant problems with; often also finding that their OEM Shock & coil unit alone is barely able to hold up the un-laden bike & keep it at a reasonable ride height; or that their air bag/release valve is leaking once more; &/or that as a result, their air compressor has burnt out YET AGAIN!! Great concept; really POOR execution; and even worse reliability!

If you type 'Air bag' into the Search field up toward the top right corner of the page; click on the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list below the Search field; and then submit the search, you'll find that there are quite a few threads here describing how to bypass the 'automatic height settings' on the air-bag system and go to a purely manual system, something quite a few owners do! There's a lot more reading on this that'll come back with those search results too - you should probably read at least SOME of them before trying to fit up something that there are waaaayyy more owners moving away from than going towards....

Maybe you'd be better off fitting a good quality a/mkt shock with a coil spring more suited to your riding load & riding style, needs, & wants! There's quite a few available out there these days, like ELKA, M2, Fox, IKON, and more, at a variety of prices too - all of which have their supporters and detractors, but there are many Spyder owners who've fitted replacement shocks and coils rather than continuing to struggle/argue with the problematic PITA that's the OEM ACS/air bag system!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start with a service manual. Then open your wallet and start buying the parts on this diagram https://www.canamseadooskidooparts.c...-package-t-ltd

PS if you have difficulty with Search then maybe this modification might be a stretch too far...
    Last edited by BertRemington; 11-28-2023 at 01:10 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Myself, if I was you, I would spend that money on a nice aftermarket shock for the rear of your bike and forget about the air system. It will be worlds more reliable..
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yup ... Spend the $$ on a Wilber rear shock with remote preload adjuster. Well worth the $$.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troop; 11-28-2023 at 08:55 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

where did you buy the wilber shock. could not find a dealer in canada. only one i can find here is elka
    2015 F3 , Black