Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    and the New Generation , this is not the Good Ol' Days.
    I have been accused of living in the 60's. I always ask, 'What was wrong with the 60's?'. Other than the Vietnam war, I've never gotten an answer. I loved my 68 Camaro SS!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rotax View Post
    I purchased my 2016 F3S to take the place of my Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak.
    Spyder riders who are just getting into riding may not be aware that it is traditional to recognize an on coming rider by giving the V salute or high sign etc. when passing one another.
    If you moved up to a Spyder from a traditional 2 wheel bike you will know what I am referring to; then maybe you never acknowledged another rider period.
    A buddy and I just completed a charity ride this past Sunday 11/19 and there were a few Spyders that attended, NONE of which were outgoing aka friendly.
    Can someone explain to me why that IS?
    I live in Cumming, GA

Sincerely,
    ROTAX
    They don't like Harley mentality?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

When I am on the road on my spyder, I always give the 2 fingers wave ( pointing down) to other spyders,and motorcycles. Some wave back and some don't.

This is what it means: https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 11-23-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I have been accused of living in the 60's. I always ask, 'What was wrong with the 60's?'. Other than the Vietnam war, I've never gotten an answer. I loved my 68 Camaro SS!

And a lot better music in the 60s and 70s. Engines in everything that you could fix a a screwdriver and a couple of wrenches. Nobody walking around with their face in a cell phone, totally un-aware of what was going on around them, and Gunsmoke on TV. People graduated from school knowing how to count, read, and write. Nothing at all wrong with the 60s. The war was bad, but we got plenty of wars going on right now. They are bad for the ones fighting in them, but the general public is not even aware of most of it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I wave if I see them coming. Not always the case as sometimes I'm either enjoying the scenery or behind a vehicle and don't see them coming. The only exception is the squids on the crotch rockets that never wave. Then again, they're probably too busy holding on for their lives with both hands, especially when they got their front wheel up in the air. Also, when on a group ride or attending a motorcycle rally it's kinda an unwritten rule that you don't need to wave. Probably because your left hand would be off the grip all day.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    And a lot better music in the 60s and 70s. Engines in everything that you could fix a a screwdriver and a couple of wrenches. Nobody walking around with their face in a cell phone, totally un-aware of what was going on around them, and Gunsmoke on TV. People graduated from school knowing how to count, read, and write. Nothing at all wrong with the 60s. The war was bad, but we got plenty of wars going on right now. They are bad for the ones fighting in them, but the general public is not even aware of most of it.
    Ain't it the truth.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Been riding now 57 years. As such I always wave. I also ride two bikes, with a two finger down wave. It always occurs to me while on the Spyder I should give other Spyder and trike riders a three finger down wave. I always seem to forget.

Gotta start doing three fingers, like the secret handshake thing.
    2016 RT/S
    2021 Gold Wing
    2023 BMW 310GS

Spyder Garage

First of all, you are lucky you are still riding. I stopped riding few weeks ago because its now winter time here in my area, Seattle area 25 degrees at this very moment... So if your complaint is waving, my complaint is riding. lol. peace....
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    TUFSKINZ TANK PROTECTOR CARBON FIBER
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET
    SCORPION EXO ST 1400 CARBON HELMET

Spyder Garage

Don't worry about it. If they don't seem to wave at all, that means they are not giving you the middle finger, so it is all good.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-26-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I should have kept my de-badged 67 RS/SS 350. I found out after purchase it had been in a wreck, the OEM wheels were gone along with the badging. I was young when I got it in early 68.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-26-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Spyder riders who are just getting into riding may not be aware that it is traditional to recognize an on coming rider by giving the V salute or high sign etc. when passing one another.
    If you moved up to a Spyder from a traditional 2 wheel bike you will know what I am referring to; then maybe you never acknowledged another rider period.
    A buddy and I just completed a charity ride this past Sunday 11/19 and there were a few Spyders that attended, NONE of which were outgoing aka friendly.
    I live in Cumming, GA

Sincerely,
    ROTAX
    I hope to God that this is the worst challenge you face in your life.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I live in Cumming, GA

Sincerely,
    ROTAX
    Sorry, I don't wave to every single jeep that I meet on the road, despite the ridiculous jeep wave thing, I feel absolutely no obligation to wave let alone give the ridiculous 2 finger wave to anyone I don't know..... When you're in your vehicle do you wave at everyone??? I doubt it. I'm not stuck up, I just don't feel the need to wave to everyone, nor do I expect them to wave to me.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live in Cumming, GA

Sincerely,
    ROTAX
    Would somebody, ANYBODY, please point out on what page on the BRP manual this is stated ????

I must've skipped a page while reading it on the toilet.

Thanks ....
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

As a rider of a motorcycle I enjoy the comradery the "wave" provides. To me it says "I see you" and "Hello fellow rider". We may be from different worlds, but we have this in common.

What I notice is that in most cases the group that tend to not wave or wave back are of the younger generation. A lot tend to not wear any gear (That's how I can see about how old they are) and drive aggressively as if traffic is there to get in their way. This is just my observation. I don't care if you're a 58 year old executive on a 70K Harley or a 20 year old on a $50 beat up Honda, I will wave.

On my ride home from the dealer with my new Spyder, I was waved at by a Harley Rider. Go figure. It will be interesting to see what riders around me think when I'm out and about on my normal commute and travels in the Spyder.
    Last edited by broderp; 12-02-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    Would somebody, ANYBODY, please point out on what page on the BRP manual this is stated ????
    Thanks ....
    Yes, I will never understand this, Peacekeeper. You do you, and if you want to wave, wave, but let others do their own thing. I just don’t understand the obsession some have with others not waving back. There are way more pressing issues in life to worry about.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post

Thanks ....
    Maybe you was reading it during the toilet paper shortage about 2019 or somewhere around there? That page could have been requisitioned for emergency usage.

Spyder Garage

Just one thought to add, the nature of riding a Spyder is that unless you are on a straightway, sometimes it's just too difficult to take your hands off the handlebars to wave.

As to the rest of it, I wouldn't judge a group this large by the few riders who came to one specific ride.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I usually wave but I'm not losing sleep if I miss you or you don't respond.
    I think the wave is like the punch-buggy toot from the 60s. Beetles were rare and if you saw one, you beeped (maybe got punched). Same on the bikes back then.
    In comparison, there's far more bikes/trikes/scooters/side-by-sides on the roads now and if I wave at them all, my left hand will freeze from lack of grip heater use!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

frogman Dave said it all. Midwestern folks are so much more friendly!
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a false premise; we're not stuck up.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    frogman Dave said it all. Midwestern folks are so much more friendly!
    BIG F
    I have lived in mid-western states, and been in about every one of the 50 states many times, including the far flung 2 states and most of the territories. I don't find any particular area to be more friendly or less friendly than any other area. There are good, friendly people in every state and territory. There are also butt holes in every state and territory. Mostly, if you treat other people like you want to be treated, they are friendly enough. Same applies to foreign countries. Good people and bad people in every one of them. Even the ones who have governments un-friendly to our country, many of the common people, not involved in politics are friendly. I was air crew when I was much younger than I am now. Met and dealt with people all over this country and anywhere else in the Pacific waters on west to the Indian Ocean. People are the same everywhere, some good, some bad, and not a mojority either way.

Just my opinion and observations....... and I believe most military who moved a lot, and others who did a lot of traveling would agree.
    Last edited by Gwolf; 12-05-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

About 55 years ago my younger brother was going to Columbia University in New York City. At Christmas he and a fellow student ferried an old NY cab from New York to Montana to someone who bought it by mail order, or some such way. He said the farther west they got, the weaker the coffee was and the friendlier the people were!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I wave every time to every motorcycle (and yes, even scooters) if I'm not busy doing riding things. My wife waves if she notices the others coming our way. We have a little chuckle if they don't wave back, and always verbalize a "NOPE!"

Does it bother us? No.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Try and acknowledge others when I can. Not end of the world though when I forget or other riders do not reciprocate.

Have found on occasion that face to face, at a Spyder event or get together, some folks are not even close to friendly, while others are awesome and understand, it is about riding these toys and having fun.

Spyder Garage

Having gone from a 2022 RT-l back to a Harley I can honestly tell you I can no longer wave the damn thing vibrates so much I have to hang on for dear life (lol). Yes I put some miles on the spyder 13440 in 50 weeks.

Great another wave don't wave thread should i ask what oil I'm suppose to use or .45acp or 9mm.... secretly we all know it's 10mm.

In all sincerity I can say the spyder riders around these parts aren't the friendliest bunch... seriously, neither are the Harley riders so there's that.