Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

found something that belongs here.

C957372E-9869-4753-8CA7-05F8ADDEFC0F.jpg

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-17-2024 at 04:57 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I'll be honest, I have never felt that fellow Spyder, or Harley riders are stuck up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe 'we' are making to big a thing of this wave or not wave. I'm not offended if I wave and the rider does not. Maybe he didn't see me or maybe a lot of things. But no matter, the other guy has a choice to wave or not wave. It's not really 'a thing' in the big scheme of life.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Maybe 'we' are making to big a thing of this wave or not wave. I'm not offended if I wave and the rider does not. Maybe he didn't see me or maybe a lot of things. But no matter, the other guy has a choice to wave or not wave. It's not really 'a thing' in the big scheme of life.
    We are hearing a lot less about the "wave" these days. Used to be, every time the subject came up, people would post the "wave rules" for various brands. They had GW, HD, BMW, and Crotch Rocket types of waves. To me, these were all very entertaining. They are in the archives. Have a little hunt and check them out if you have not done so already.

Linda was always a full blown waver, if they waved and it was safe for her to do it, the wave was on. We even waved to an old guy on the road in a power wheelchair once. That really made his day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well said Traveler. I shall continue my waving regimen. :-)

Spyder Garage

Rotax,

I don't think Spyder owners are stuck up...when I see another Can-Am out on the road, I practically jump off my F3 and give them a hug...just kidding...but I wave at everyone, even when I'm in the car and forget I'm not on my Spyder. Hope you have had more positive experiences since this ride. Everyone has a different personality...some folks are just more friendly than others. I hope our wheels cross paths so you can meet a friendly Spyder rider and also a friendly Harley rider (my hubby).

Take care and stay safe out there!

Spyder Garage

ROTAX So Spyder owners are stuck up - why is this so??

I reckon that ....

Just because you started a thread, and make a statement, and then ask a question about your statement

does not make it true and a fact.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

I agree with those who disagree with the statement that Spyder Ryders are Stuck Up. This has not been my experience at all.

There are Stuck Up people in all walks of life. So, I assume there are some ryding Spyders. But I've found the Spyder community to be one of the most friendly, outgoing, and easy to get along with of any group I know of. This is one reason I am proud to be associate with all of you.

As already covered. There are a number of reasons for not getting a wave or acknowledgement. All of the Spyders I ride are manual (with the exception of customer's bikes). Sometimes my left hand isn't free to wave. If I'm working the clutch, or have reason to think I might need to, I don't wave. Sometimes I don't see you in time.

A new ryder may not know about the wave or be looking for it. Some don't like to let go of the handlebars. You ride and wave the way you want. Let the other guy do the same.

My policy is to wave whenever I can with no expectations of the other rider. If they wave back, it's a bonus. I'm certainly not going to let the lack of a wave ruin my day. And I recommend that you not let it ruin yours!

Ryde More! Worry Less! Is a great moto to live by.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-20-2024 at 12:43 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

My wife has a 2020 Spider RTL and I am still on 2 wheels. I wave at her while on my bike and she flips me off from her bike.

You Can Ammers have an "TUDE".

Spyder Garage

sorry, I don't see that in the Midwest. Matter of fact, it is quite the opposite as the Harley boys rarely wave when I meet them on the road. AND, i make sure I always wave?
    Georgia is just a bit different, I guess.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
    My wife has a 2020 Spider RTL and I am still on 2 wheels. I wave at her while on my bike and she flips me off from her bike.

You Can Ammers have an "TUDE".

So your wife doesn’t like you, ReRose. what does that have to do with CanAm riders?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    So your wife doesn’t like you, ReRose. what does that have to do with CanAm riders?

Pete
    Be Gentle here. I think he is going to pay for that comment.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Perhaps the Spyder riders are new to the trike and still riding with the death grip most of us two wheelers started out with?
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver