Spyder Garage

Default Help/Advice on 14" car tire for front of 2011 RT-S needed?

Am seeking help choosing 165/65R/14 Car Tire for my 2011 Can AM RT-S. Installing a Kumho on the rear and was also wondering about tire pressure, have read anything from 28 to 18 pounds.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-19-2023 at 04:43 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping1 View Post
    Am seeking help choosing 165/65R/14 Car Tire for my 2011 Can AM RT-S. Installing a Kumho on the rear and was also wondering about tire pressure, have read anything from 28 to 18 pounds.
    If/when you use Auto tires, Peter & I have found that fronts are best at 15 to 17 PSI .... 15 for comfort up to 17 for aggressive riding .... 18-19 PSI for rear ..... Vredestein makes the best 14 in size .... go to Tire Rack (Brands) they have the 165/65-14 in the Quatrac 5 model ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-19-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If/when you use Auto tires, Peter & I have found that fronts are best at 15 to 17 PSI .... 15 for comfort up to 17 for aggressive riding .... 18-19 PSI for rear ..... Vredestein makes the best 14 in size .... go to Tire Rack (Brands) they have the 165/65-14 in the Quatrac 5 model ..... Mike
    I have been trying to find a 14" Vredestein but have been unable to do so. Checked the Tire Rack with no luck but I will keep trying. I have several thousand miles left on my front tire. Thanks for your advice, Leon

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have been trying to find a 14" Vredestein but have been unable to do so. Checked the Tire Rack with no luck but I will keep trying. I have several thousand miles left on my front tire. Thanks for your advice, Leon
    Tire rack advertises " FREE SHIPPING " and they honor it ..... what they don't say is " only from the warehouse nearest your address " .... ..... other members have run into this problem ..... it may be possible to get on a delivery LIST for the warehouse they will ship to you from ..... It's a very popular tire onthis Forum , however I'm surprised that it involves ...14" sizes .... not many veh's use this small a tire today ..... good luck ... they will be worth the wait .... Mike

Spyder Garage

It might help just to look for the tire itself, rather than going thru your usual supplier or one of the generic mobs - I got a bunch of potential suppliers supposedly in/delivering to South Carolina just by entering 'Vredestein Quatrac 165/65R14 +South Carolina' into my search engine - looks like Black's Tire & Auto Service either have them or can get them for you.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Tire itself & or other vehicles that use same size:
    https://www.wheel-size.com/tire/iso-metric-165-65-R-14/

Good luck either way

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I couldn't find a 14" tire to fit and went to a local dealer.. he also had a spider and said try the Nexen AH5 turns out it's been great.
    About 3,000 miles on them, hold great on hard cornering and also good in the rain.
    Warranty is good also.

Spyder Garage

I did the same thing. I went to my local tire store that I have shopped at for years and he sold my a pair of Coopers, don't remember which model. I run them at 16 lbs and they do well. They grip for as hard as I ride and seem to be wearing well. I have maybe 10,000 on them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze