Spyder Garage

Default What is the PBM fuse on a 2014 RSS?

What is the PBM fuse for on a 2014 can-am spyder rss
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-18-2023 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

PBM stands for Parking Brake Module.

But, I thought an RS had a foot operated Parking Brake, and I don't see a fuse labelled PBM in the on-line Owners Guide for a 2014 RS.

So, ????
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 11-18-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I was going to say, peanut butter and marshmallow. But, "Snowbelt" is probably right. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    PBM stands for Parking Brake Module.

But, I thought an RS had a foot operated Parking Brake, and I don't see a fuse labelled PBM in the on-line Owners Guide for a 2014 RS.

So, ????
    It has been just a little while since I've had a 2013+ RSS in here, but didn't the foot parking brake the earlier GS/RS Spyders had get changed to the electric/switch unit when all the Spyder models went to Brembo Brakes as part of the 2013 upgrade??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It has been just a little while since I've had a 2013+ RSS in here, but didn't the foot parking brake the earlier GS/RS Spyders had get changed to the electric/switch unit when all the Spyder models went to Brembo Brakes as part of the 2013 upgrade??
    Could be. But as I was reviewing the operator’s guide and the shop manual for a 2014 RS, I saw no mention of a switch or fuse, unless I completely missed it. ST yes. RS, not so much. But anyway, the OP got the answer he wanted. PBM = Parking Brake Module. The rest was just my curiosity, trying to connect the dots.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 11-19-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238