Spyder Garage

Default Removing Passenger Seat and Foot Pegs - any suggestions on covers?

2020 F3-T

Wife doesn't ride anymore. Would like to remove passenger foot pegs and seat and replace with cover plates, etc., appropriate for the spaces to be covered. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2023 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Spyder Garage

Pull it all off and go Himmmmm,,,,,, looking for mount points for your plate brackets, and go from there.
    Make up and fit the brackets.
    Cardboard sheet mock ups of your plates and stuff.
    They can be your templates for your alloy plates or whatever.

I would not cut anything on the bike. Remove and unbolt stuff for sure.
    But keep all the bits so you can pop it back later on if you want.

Late edit. Take lots of photos along the way. Take notes and detail what you first thought and then changed it a little along the way and why. You may be able to help others in the future. Go surfing, you may discover another has done something similar.
    Last edited by Isopedella; 11-17-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

The rear footpegs are held on by a couple of bolts that are very heavily coated with loctite threadlocker . I had to do what many before me had, apply heat to the bolts. If one of the bolts starts turning the brass sleeve it threads into you may have to drill it out. I had no problem with my 2016, but my 2022 was a real pain. Good luck and I hope you have an easier removal than I did.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

My wife doesn't ride either and I wanted to remove the passenger foot pegs too. I figured how hard could it be, just undo a couple of bolts. Got the wrenches out and went to work on the left side. BRP used a gallon of thread locker on the bolts, but I was able to get one bolt out, but the other bolt didn't move. It was then that I looked at a couple of videos that showed the correct way to remove them. I was going to a motorcycle rally in a couple of days so I figured I would take to the shop when I got back. I don't have a heat gun.

When I got to the rally, there was a V-Twin shop not far from my motel. I thought what the heck I'll take it to them and see if they can get the passenger pegs off. To my surprise, the mechanic (also the owner) said sure he can do that. I told him that the left side will have be drilled out, but the right side should come out fairly easy as long as you heat up the bolts to soften the thread locker. The right side took about 5 minutes. The left side took about an hour and three+ drill bits but he finally got the bolts out. I asked him how much I owed for the work, and he said "nothing". I thanked him and started to leave but went back into the shop and gave him $100 which he did not want to take, but I convinced him.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-30-2023 at 04:26 PM. Reason: bold ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The F3-T just says "passenger" to me. That's not a bad thing. Had my wife not already have a Ryker I would have likely bought a blue F3-T from the dealer instead of my F3-S.

With that being said, I'm not sure how similar that part of the bike is to the F3 and F3-S but those models have trim parts available (see image). On the models that have them, they make the transition neatly to the rest of the contours of the body. Hardest part will be getting the foot pegs off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Video from Lamonster on removing the F3 bolts without damage...

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Hello, BRP makes covers for the rear pegs. Not 100% sure for the F3T but sure for the F3. Look at a parts diagram and you’ll find them. There’s a cover, sleeve, bolt, washer, and square nut. Study that LaMonster video, no joke.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-02-2023 at 08:01 AM.
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin