Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got that sorted, MDRyker. This will be a reminder to never overlook the battery as a suspect. The factory battery in my '22 was no-name junk, didn't last a year.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all:
    Got the new battery into bike with some modification. I should have paid more attention to position of the battery terminals. Old battery had (+) in lower right position. The new battery has (+) upper right. So, with some stretching and adding a lug extension got it to fit. Negative side had more wire flexibility. Plus, I swapped out those square nuts (that I hate) with threaded inserts with US threads (1/4x20).

As for charging I have a charger designed for Lead Acid, AGM, & Lithium with maintainer mode as well (from Noco).
    As for fuel adaptive I'll check into Marine Stable, but I have used in my boats a product from STAR BRITE Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

So, as it has been stated, time to move on to the next thing plus my wife's bike.

On a new issue will first search the forum then likely post a new thread on "Clunking".

Take care and thanks for the help, much appreciated.
    Paul
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-18-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I wouldn't try WOT on a Ryker.
    With the centrifugal clutch, if it starts you are gone.
    If the parking brake is on, something is going to break.
    If you hold the brake on and go WOT it will probably throw a fault.
    The ECU will not rev the engine with the parking brake on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2023 at 07:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

Red face

Dead battery

Hi everyone, thought I'll quickly share my battery experience in case someone hunts and find this thread.

Ready to hit the road yesterday my new to me 2019 Rally just did not want to start with dash flashing and popping up with all kinds of messages, fuel sensor error, VSS error and then the dash just go dead and tail lights flicker. Obviously initial worry set in.....

Grabbed my charger, connected battery and showing fully charged, jumper cables ready and connected but engine just won't turn over but at least the dash settled down and no error messages.

Went to store and purchased a new Motobatt Quadflex MBTX12U and it was so quick and easy to install. Rocky fired up first turn and purred away my heart was happy again!

Hoping this helps for anyone searching.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    2019 900 Rally , Black