Spyder Garage

Default Any windshield suggestions for a tall rider for an F3-T

Hey everyone,
    I’m looking for a taller & wider shield, but one I can still look over. I’m leaning towards the 7Jurock, possibly the 23” or 25” model. I’m 6’5”, 36” inseam & I have the Ultimate Tall Boy seat. I’m open to suggestions. Ride safe, Pikester
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Im 6.3, 34 inseam,cannonball seat,19" freedom shield is perfect for me, i did 110mph yesterday and my backwards baseball cap didn't Fly Out Lol,you probably gonna need 21".

Spyder Garage

Standing 6'6" and an 38 inch inseam I have been trying to decide on what size replacement windshield for my RTL
    But looking at the Slingmods site, they used one 6' guy to show you the differences..
    https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...toms?vehicle=1
    I hope this helps you.
    Personally, I always wear a Full Face helmet and after yesterday's ride, I decided I am good with a replacement that is the same height as the factory one
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledJuan View Post
    Standing 6'6" and an 38 inch inseam I have been trying to decide on what size replacement windshield for my RTL
    But looking at the Slingmods site, they used one 6' guy to show you the differences..
    I hope this helps you.
    Personally, I always wear a Full Face helmet and after yesterday's ride, I decided I am good with a replacement that is the same height as the factory one
    Just for your interest, Juan…..I’m the same height and inleg and I run a 25” F4 on my ‘21 RT. It’s at upper lip height when fully raised, which ships the air just over my helmet. It’s a bit wider than stock also, which suits my larger than everage body (300+ lbs).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I’m looking for a taller & wider shield, but one I can still look over. I’m leaning towards the 7Jurock, possibly the 23” or 25” model. I’m 6’5”, 36” inseam & I have the Ultimate Tall Boy seat. I’m open to suggestions. Ride safe, Pikester
    Pikester, also have a look at Madstad. They are more expensive than 7Jurock, but there’s a reason for that. It sits on a bracket that allows you to adjust the screen around 3” vertically and also to tilt the screen forward and back. I had one on my F3-L and it allowed me to get the perfect position.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    Im 6.3, 34 inseam,cannonball seat,19" freedom shield is perfect for me, i did 110mph yesterday and my backwards baseball cap didn't Fly Out Lol,you probably gonna need 21".
    I picked up a freedom shield, but it felt like there was quite a bit more back pressure than my stock shield with a deflector.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledJuan View Post
    I hope this helps you.
    Thanks Juan, that actually helped a lot. I’m thinking a 23” with my deflector will suit my needs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Pikester, also have a look at Madstad. They are more expensive than 7Jurock, but there’s a reason for that. It sits on a bracket that allows you to adjust the screen around 3” vertically and also to tilt the screen forward and back. I had one on my F3-L and it allowed me to get the perfect position.

Pete
    Hi Pete, I’ve had 3 or 4 MadStad shields on some previous bikes and they definitely work! Will take a look at them, I’m just not sure how it will look on the T. I really like the look of the stock shield, and with the deflector, it does a pretty good job, I just wish it were a little wider.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    Hi Pete, I’ve had 3 or 4 MadStad shields on some previous bikes and they definitely work! Will take a look at them, I’m just not sure how it will look on the T. I really like the look of the stock shield, and with the deflector, it does a pretty good job, I just wish it were a little wider.
    Yes, I’m the same re the stock looking best, Pikester. I’m past that now though. I’ve become a strictly “function over form” guy as I have aged

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yes, I’m the same re the stock looking best, Pikester. I’m past that now though. I’ve become a strictly “function over form” guy as I have aged

Pete
    I actually just ordered the 22” light gray MadStad. I remembered how well they worked on other bikes and I’m looking forward to getting it mounted as I ride pretty much year round. Ride safe, Billy