Spyder Garage

Default another "made in canada" -idea

for thanksgiving a friend imported from canada a new ..machine.. he said he will be able to finish a turkey in only one hour - and he was right - how do you normally cook a turkey - we use ducks here in austria - much smaller ..
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Turkey fryers have been very popular in the southeastern US for a very long time. The most important thing to know is the turkey must be completely thawed before placing it in the oil, otherwise you may get a very bad grease fire. Never do this near anything flammable, or in a garage, as several people have burned down large sections of their homes from doing so.

When it is all said and done, it is some very good eating.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Very good eating!

Keep in mind that beyond avoiding putting a frozen bird in the fryer... You also need to closely monitor the temperature of the oil. You should not have your oil hotter than 450 degrees, with 350 being the minimum. Any hotter than 450 and you start reaching the flash point of the oil and this is also where a lot of turkey fryer fires come from.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Each time I use Mine, deep fry, a 22lb at 360 degrees cooks in about 50 minutes... and wa-la.... good eating.

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Normally turkeys

are baked in the oven. Depending on the weight it can take from 3 to 5 hours to bake one.

Also remember the turkey deep fryer makes excellent table fare but is the fire department and emergency room night mares. Some think they can drop a frozen turkey into boiling oil which is a definite no... no... unless you have a death wish or like fatten your doctors bank account.

Read the instructions before you use one. /Ken
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

I have been frying my turkey in an electric deep fryer. Less of a fire hazarad.

This year I picked up an infered fryer. Uses NO OIL.

Never tryed this. The company claims that it will be like a deep fryed turkey.

I'll let you know how it turns out after Thanksgiving.

I will be doing two this year. One in the electric fryer and one in the new machine.

Spyder Garage

Being a firefighter I can tell you that these things are dangerous. Too many people over fill the deep fryer with oil so that when they place the turkey in the pan the oil overflows of course running down to the burner and flame below. Mind you as long as people continue do things like that I will always have a job !! Maybe these things aren't as bad as I first thought !!
    HAPPY 2008 SE5 OWNER 1" BRP Riser, NMN 3" risers, NMN Triple Play & Tail Light, Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP 23" Touring Windshield on CHAD Bracket, Ride-On in tires, J&M Integrator, Gerbings Dual Zone Temp Controller & Heated Gloves, 2 Dash Mounted 12V outlets, Kewlmetal Highway Brackets & Kuryakyn pegs, Trunk Spring Mod, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Kuyrakyn L.E.D. Battery Guage

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

These things are great if used with care. If you use peanut oil make sure your consumers are not allergic to peanuts. Here's a tip from Alton Brown from the Food Network Chl: Put your fryer under a step ladder. Tie rope on one side as an anchor, a hook of some sort in the middle and the rope exiting out the opposite side of the ladder. Go to altonbrown.com> knowledge > turkeyderrick.pdf for a diagram and explanation. Now you can stay out of the danger zone while lowering the bird in the pot and raising to drip. Maintaining temperature can be a pain. Make sure you spice the bird over nite. Yummo!
    Last edited by Desert Spyder; 11-23-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rleathen View Post
    Being a firefighter I can tell you that these things are dangerous. Too many people over fill the deep fryer with oil so that when they place the turkey in the pan the oil overflows of course running down to the burner and flame below. Mind you as long as people continue do things like that I will always have a job !! Maybe these things aren't as bad as I first thought !!
    I agree....Right up there with people who think they can shove their old Christmas tree into a burning fireplace....

If you read the instructions and use as designed you won't have a problem. And the turkey will sure taste good!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7MtfDDp6A[/ame]

Spyder Garage

Dumb and Dumber.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Wow! That fire was huge before you knew it.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods