Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Do you own another motorcycle besides your Spyder?

I truly love my Spyder, and have not regretted for a moment trading in my magnificent Honda Goldwing for the 3 wheel Spyder. But I found that while I love the ride of the Spyder, sometimes I miss the two wheel experience. I now own a Royal Enfield Hunter 350. It is not nearly as capable, as fast or as comfortable as my RT, but it does let me work the gears and lean into the curves. I think I have the best of both worlds right now. I would guess that I am far from alone in having a 2 wheeler in the garage next to my 3 wheeler.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Yes I do. A poor, old, slow 1998 Yamaha V-Max with a few mods (motor, running gear, & looks, ect) The V-boost system is, ah, exciting.

Lew L
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2023 at 08:19 PM.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I recently traded in my 2016 Indian RoadMaster for a Moto Guzzi V7 Special. The RM was beginning to be a handful to manage and my wife feels way more comfortable on the Spyder. The MG is a real blast and has lots of character so have been enjoying that when riding solo. Miss the comfort of the big Indian though but the MG has definitely put the fun factor back in the 2 wheeler experience.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT Limited - Chalk Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

For years after Spyder ownership I kept two wheels on the side. My last two were Kawi Vulcan 900's. A very nice bike indeed. Old age and bad legs caught up to me and I had to let the Kawi go a couple years ago. My bad legs would not support the almost 800#. After a couple lay downs while stopping at a stop sign...I knew it was time. Glad I had those roll bars and fat leather saddle bags.

I truly enjoyed two wheels, leaning in the curves, and the wind in my face. It is an experience I will never forget. I have been tempted to find something in 350cc or thereabouts, but not enough to go to a dealer and test sit.

For now, I will stick to "those were the days."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-14-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Yes I do. A poor, old, slow 1998 Yamaha V-Max with a few mods( both motor, running gear, looks,ect) The V-boost system is, ah, exciting.

Lew L
    Ya right. I thought my Venture with the V-max was pretty snappy. I can just imagine how it is with all the hardware missing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately fighting carb issues year plus now 06y Yamaha Roadstar 1700(pre injury)D06FB168-673A-4836-AC73-856872C92886.jpg had about same miles on both. More states visited on Spyder , convenient both use same weight Amsoil THANKS Ron

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I sure do. I have a very slow Triumph Rocket III 2300cc when not started but truely a beast when I start it. Has some engine mods to it and aftermarket exhaust with triple air filters.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, just the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    For years after Spyder ownership I keep two wheels on the side. My last two were Kawi Vulcan 900's. A very nice bike indeed. Old age and bad legs caught up to me and I had to let the Kawi go a couple years ago. My bad legs would not support the almost 800#. After a couple lay downs while stopping a a stop sign...I knew it was time. Glad I had those roll bars and fat leather saddle bags.

I truly enjoyed two wheels, leaning in the curves, and the wind in my face. It is an experience I will never forget. I have been tempted to find something in 350cc or thereabouts, but not enough to go to a dealer and test sit.

For now, I will stick to "those were the days."
    The weight and all of the uncertainty that went with that is why I gave up the Goldwing. My wife was getting too nervous to ride with me, fearing that at a stop or slow speed I would not be able to control the bike tipping over if it leaned even a little bit. And she was right. After two tipovers while riding solo, and with needing help to get the 900+ pound Wing back up, it was time, at age 78 to change.

At first I had a 150cc scooter to satisfy my occasional need for 2 wheel riding. But..... it was a scooter. My daughter and son in law bought it from me and I bought the Hunter 350. Its 400 pounds but feels even lighter. I have no trouble handling it at now 80 years old, and can readily move it around my garage without a problem. And I'll admit, that as much as I love the Spyder, I need a "real" motorcycle to keep myself thinking that I am still a motorcyclist.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I miss my Wing, but it was time..... Bit the bullet and had a clean out.
    Sold a few other bikes. OK. All of em actually.
    Downsized the collection I guess. All went to good homes.
    I still have lots of spares to sort out and move on.

Lots of room in my bike shed now. Ride in and park em.
    No wheeling them around to make room. Move that to get to that one.

Now its my F3 Mobility Scooter with top box and panniers (Wing replacement), and an new DR650 in Feb 2021 which is fun to ride, light, go anywhere, thrifty, simple to maintain and uses hardly an fuel. I call it The Marine.

Had cash from the sales to fund the new rides, bike stuff to get em sorted for me and change in my pocket for a few trips in the future.

Spyder Garage

Just sold my Honda CTX700 about 3 months ago. I love riding 2 wheels. Arthritis is not a persons best friend. BTW Ron, I have had two roadstars at different time. 1 Carb 1 not. Bought a carb tuning tool that worked great on the carbed roadstar.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

I have a 2022 KTM 390 Duke for my 2 wheel toy.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I sure do. I have a very slow Triumph Rocket III 2300cc when not started but truely a beast when I start it. Has some engine mods to it and aftermarket exhaust with triple air filters.
    I was very tempted to get a rocket three a few years ago. I owned a 2000cc Kawi but the 2300 was very appealing to me. Went to the dealer. Test sat on a fire engine red one. He said...start it up. I did. The torque was so good that it made the 2300 bend to the side when I blipped the throttle. I said, I don't think so on this one.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I run an Aprilia Mana 850 for the summer day-trips <300 mi. It's narrow and relatively light with the gas tank under the seat with low COG.

For multi-day and cold weather, the RT rules.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Sold my Honda CTX1300 shortly after getting the F3-S Daytona (wife already had her F3-S). Missed the 2 wheels, so bought a ‘97 Kawasaki KLX300 that I use to ride around all the farm fields when I get “that urge”.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 11-13-2023 at 06:10 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

To run across town I use my 2007 Honda Reflex or the New Aventon Level2 E-Bike for exercise. When leaving town I ride my 2018 RTL for a BIG smile.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Can you ever have enough motorcycles?
    Never enough.
    All mine, all ridden, and other than the Rickman, all still ridden in competition.

1981 KTM 495mc
    1973 OSSA Mick Andrews Replica. Street tagged.
    2005 Scorpa SY250r
    1971 Rickman Yamaha, with original RT2 power. Street tagged.

Spyder Garage

My solo bike is a 2021 Honda NC750X with the DCT.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

I got my first spyder about 5 years ago after my gf wrecked her roadking and couldn’t ride. Being older I decided on a Spyder to tote her around. I considered a 2 wheeler like the bmw rt but decided the Spyder would work better 2 up.
    So I like the Spyder RTL but still have some other bikes. I have a Yamaha XT 250 for my dirt riding and a 1290 Superduke GT KTM. By far the most powerful bike I’ve owned but I love it. Easy to ride with plenty of thrills.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

I have a work bike- Honda NT700V and luxury ride- Spyder. Current total miles is 22,700 for the year, with Spyder 4,800 of that total
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Two is one and one is none.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Couple of old hard mount Harleys, one is converted to trike, other one is same year, same model, used as parts bike. Some junked out 60s or 70s Hondas around here too, but they are just about stripped for parts.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

When we downsized and bought the new condo I also had to downsize the herd of six bikes. I chose the Spyder RT as our two up touring bike and my Suzuki Burgman for my solo tourer. I am happy with both. After 50 years of shifting and handling all sizes of machines these two work great and I have had them both all over the U.S.

navy can am.jpg PXL_20231018_192612482.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have 2 spyders in my garage (2021 RTL and 2016 F3L special series). Until last week I also had a 2018 BMW K1600B. It was the best 2 wheeler that i have ever owned. But after a few too close calls over the past month, I decided that I would be riding 2 wheels a lot less often, probably 10% of the time or less. So I decided to sell my higher dollar 2 wheeler and pick up a cruiser for just puckering around on. My buddy has a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M109 that I have always loved (owned 4 of them). They are not the fastest, best handling, or best bikes by any means, but they just keep drawing me back. Plus they are sort of big, which suits a guy like me. He made me an offer on it that I could not refuse, so I will be picking it up later this week, or first of next week. Here is a picture of it (the orange one) when we rode up to App. State to visit my daughter about 10 years ago.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I still have a fat-tired TW-200. The perfect dirt bike for old farts. I rode it 4,000 miles through Mexico to the Yucatan and back.
    Completed SCMC Four Corners Tour
    Rattlesnake 1,000
    Don Diego 400
    Cal 500 & 1,000
    Unicycled at South Pole, Antarctica
    Coldfoot, Alaska, to Cabo San Lucas
    4,000 mile Mexican tour to Yucatan Peninsula