Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Reservations made for next year's Deadwood Three Wheel Rally!

I know I said I wasn't gonna do it but....... I went ahead and made my reservations for next years three wheel rally in Deadwood again. I took advantage of their their early bird package deal which included all the registration stuff for the rally as well. I'll be there the 9th-11th.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-08-2023 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

unfortunately ain’t no way could attempt this far out. Much less past end of day do have Goals but “plans” is one them there (offensive type)4 letter words
    Last edited by Bfromla; 11-08-2023 at 05:48 PM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    unfortunately ain’t no way could attempt this far out. Much less past end of day do have Goals but “plans” is one them there (offensive type)4 letter words
    In my case I guess being retired makes it easy to make long range plans. Not too many things that can come along and mess them up. But a full refund if cancelled by June 1st gives you a little bit of a "just in case" comfort zone.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

And they are very good about honoring that refund policy. I broke my ankle a few years ago and had to miss one and they gave me the choice of carrying over to the next year getting all that year's stuff mailed to me or a full refund. I took door number 2.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    In my case I guess being retired makes it easy to make long range plans. Not too many things that can come along and mess them up. But a full refund if cancelled by June 1st gives you a little bit of a "just in case" comfort zone.
    on retirement & thank you. . Do still want to get that way & see as much as I can. As I have been since I got my Spyder a decade ago in May next year. LORD has blessed me with SO much & my Spyder just rolled 75k couple weeks ago. So there's no telling yet, I hope to see you (& others) there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-09-2023 at 01:58 AM.

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

Being retired, I also like planning my trips months ahead. My reservations are all made, but ready to ride now!
    2021 RT LT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post
    Being retired, I also like planning my trips months ahead. My reservations are all made, but ready to ride now!
    you and me both, but riding weather is fast coming to a close here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

We’ll have to try and organize a “Spyderlovers group” meet up somehow? I’ve met a few of you, but would like to put faces with names.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I'm going to try and make it this year. I keep saying that but stuff happens. It's called health and family.
    Last edited by Bangorbob; 02-01-2024 at 10:02 PM.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    We’ll have to try and organize a “Spyderlovers group” meet up somehow? I’ve met a few of you, but would like to put faces with names.
    That would be cool if it happened.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    I'm going to try and make it this. I keep saying that but stuff happens. It's called health and family.
    Hence bring them along

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Having been to three in a row. We decided to take a break. It's a long trip from FL., even when towing. Five days getting there, five days there, five days back. Actually last year we took Six days coming home. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Hence bring them along
    I'd love to. Wife don't ride. Sons don't ride. Just me. If I towed my spyder the wife would come. We were just over in that area a couple months ago coming back from a trip to the mid west. I would have to find something for her to do for 3-5 days while I ride. We'll see.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P

Spyder Garage

Deadwood 3 wheel rally

That would be cool if it happened.
    I have been to the 2nd and 5th Annual Rally and have scheduled our reservations and registration for the 2024 10th Annual Rally. We are staying at the Super 8, and a couple days at Keystone after the Rally. Riding the Beartooth is also on the agenda on the way home. Hope they have more vendors than they did last year. However, for the most part it will be about riding the Black Hills.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2023 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back in 83 or 84 my wife and I stopped in Deadwood while on our way to Rushmore. The town was full of hogs and choppers. (Didn't know it then but Sturgis was going on down the road at the same time.) You could count all the Goldwings on one hand so we parked close to them. We were on a Venture Royal. The pungent odor of black leather dye permeated the streets and everything everywhere. In about the second store we were in there was a scuffle taking place and employees and other patrons broke it up. We left and walked down to another store and were about to purchase some merchandise when I mentioned to the owner about the incident we witnessed in the last store. I said I hadn't noticed any law enforcement in town and wondered about safety and how it was handled when incidents became serious. (Intoxication and under the influence were widely obvious.) I was told people were fine until they stepped in someone else's *****. Oooookay......'' hey honey I think it's time to leave this place!'' We left and we've never been back since. I've been told that, yes, that's the way it used to be in Deadwood and Sturgis. Sure hope it's changed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Back in 83 or 84 my wife and I stopped in Deadwood while on our way to Rushmore. The town was full of hogs and choppers. (Didn't know it then but Sturgis was going on down the road at the same time.) You could count all the Goldwings on one hand so we parked close to them. We were on a Venture Royal. The pungent odor of black leather dye permeated the streets and everything everywhere. In about the second store we were in there was a scuffle taking place and employees and other patrons broke it up. We left and walked down to another store and were about to purchase some merchandise when I mentioned to the owner about the incident we witnessed in the last store. I said I hadn't noticed any law enforcement in town and wondered about safety and how it was handled when incidents became serious. (Intoxication and under the influence were widely obvious.) I was told people were fine until they stepped in someone else's *****. Oooookay......'' hey honey I think it's time to leave this place!'' We left and we've never been back since. I've been told that, yes, that's the way it used to be in Deadwood and Sturgis. Sure hope it's changed.
    The Deadwood Rally is a much smaller venue than Sturgis, 700ish as opposed to 500k. On another note, 84 is when I moved out here, and I’ve never had a problem during the Sturgis Rally.
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 11-14-2023 at 08:50 AM.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Deadwood 3 wheel rally

Hope they have more vendors than they did last year. However, for the most part it will be about riding the Black Hills.
    So do I. I think where were maybe 3 vendors last year. That was pretty disappointing to me.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    The first thing is you were there during Sturgis. With a hundred thousand plus leather clad bikers, there’s bound to be a little friction. I’m convinced the Spyder crowd are a whole other type of biker. Now when I was down there last year for the three wheel rally I didn’t encounter any issues. The weather was perfect. The crowds were minimal. The worst thing I encounter was trying to find someplace to park without having to then walk a mile to the restaurant. I hate to use the expression “tourist trap”, I’m sure there is a better way to say it, but downtown Deadwood is for tourists. Lots of Saloons/Streak Houses, a ton of souvenir shops, you get the picture. Over all I’d say it’s a family friendly place to make a pit stop on the way to Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower or maybe even Wall Drugs.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The first thing is you were there during Sturgis. With a hundred thousand plus leather clad bikers, there’s bound to be a little friction. ....
    I agree. We didn't have any serious issues, they all seemed to be between other people. Years later an acquaintance of mine who worked in the medical field told me when he worked at the hospital near Sturgis you had to be aware of the incoming patients dropping their guns on the floor. These days they're dropping their cell phones on the floor. I guess things have changed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-14-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    We’ll have to try and organize a “Spyderlovers group” meet up somehow?
    I tried to find a couple of you guys last year with no luck. Not a lot going on at GZ with the big lack of vendors in 2023
    https://d3wr.firstgold.com/

T.P.
    Last edited by T.P.; 11-17-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

The first thing is you were there during Sturgis. With a hundred thousand plus leather clad bikers, there’s bound to be a little friction. I’m convinced the Spyder crowd are a whole other type of biker. Now when I was down there last year for the three wheel rally I didn’t encounter any issues. The weather was perfect. The crowds were minimal. The worst thing I encounter was trying to find someplace to park without having to then walk a mile to the restaurant. I hate to use the expression “tourist trap”, I’m sure there is a better way to say it, but downtown Deadwood is for tourists. Lots of Saloons/Streak Houses, a ton of souvenir shops, you get the picture. Over all I’d say it’s a family friendly place to make a pit stop on the way to Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower or maybe even Wall Drugs.
    I’ll even add to this. I was at Sturgis for the 50th and I can tell you with all seriousness Sturgis is nothing like what it used to be. We were there in 08, 09, and 12, and I hate to sound old and even petty, but Sturgis today is mild and pansies compared to the 80’s and 90’s. You won’t have that problem anymore. As for Deadwood………. It’s the tamest and slowest town. It’s a nice town to walk down and enjoy now. Here’s a fact about Deadwood….. Walk to the end of the street. There’s an elementary school right in walking distance of the town. It’s also packed with enrollment. No way would people let their kids go there if the town was that rowdy. It is a tourist trap yes and it’s a clean town too. Sturgis is now in my opinion the new dead town. It's more boarded up than open except during those 2 weeks. Everything opens back up. I’d take Deadwood over Sturgis any day! We have taken horses to the rodeo since my wife and I got married and even as kids, Dad took us to Deadwood. It’s tame, clean, and full of family now, and it's nothing like the 80’s.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2023 at 04:52 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

The rally had more vendors signed up, and paid. But they decided to go to a HD event. But the rally kept their deposits. And supposedly won't be invited back this year. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    I tried to find a couple of you guys last year with no luck. Not a lot going on at GZ with the big lack of vendors in 2023
    https://d3wr.firstgold.com/

T.P.
    I was very disappointed with the vendor turn out at the '23 rally. I think there were like three vendors there. One selling leather goods and trinkets, the oil guy that shows up at all of them (forgot his name) and a couple gals selling brick oven pizza. I brought a lot of pocket money with me but there was nothing there that really caught my eye. The good news is I brought most of that money home with me and it's gonna fund the '24 rally.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

TBH, I don't know if I would enjoy riding a trike in that region personally.

I've been to Sturgis twice, both on 2 wheels, and some of the roads I rode were pretty technical.

Anyway, have fun !!
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Peacekeeper, The roads around your area aren't too shabby.
    Last edited by Bangorbob; 02-01-2024 at 10:03 PM.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P