Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like it's time to give up the ride - thoughts fm others who've faced this?

A number of things (not all bad) over the last few months, have made my wife and I both approach the subject of "for us...... is it time to put the Spyder up for sale?" Over the past 9 years, and 61,000 road miles, we have enjoyed traveling and seeing areas of the west coast we probably wouldn't have gone to, and wouldn't have met as many interesting people as we did, who wanted to hear all about our "travelling style".

Aside from the Spyder rides and trips however, we have always had a lingering to "take the backroads up into the mountains and see where they go". We did this for many years with a number of different Jeeps; in Missouri, California, and yes, in Washington, before the Spyder; some may do this with their Spyders... but we won't.

So now, just recently, my wife found (and I agreed) a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, (fully loaded) with only 45,000 miles on it. She wanted it, and she traded her smaller Jeep Compass for it, and negotiated a deal the dealer couldn't believe he agreed to (with us almost walking out a few times) but she won!

Since then, we have put 3,000 miles on it and been "backroading and exploring every possible road up" we can find and enjoying it very much again. Dashcam documenting every excursion too!

All this is why we have started thinking about selling the Spyder. We recognize it isn't worth much at this point, but being happy with our actions for however much time we have left is more important right now.

Any thoughts from people who have faced decisions like this??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-06-2023 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.