Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake Performance of your bike?

Squeaking sound, lack of performance, twisted rotors, overheating when hitting them hard for 5min... who is/was not there with our Can-Am Spyder or Ryker?

486c1e_ff6745c1c8d74379bcfe90535a0bdda0~mv2.jpeg

We have a solution that is pretty unique on the market - Floating Rotors with wawe design, that not only look awesome but mainly they perform super well.
    You can find out more about them in this link - CLICK HERE
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pos...s-spyder-ryker

USE CODE
    SPYDERWINTER for Spyder Rotors
    or
    RYKERWINTER for Ryker rotors.
    and get 10% DISCOUNT
    Offer ends on 12 November 2023 or when our stocks are sold out, whichever comes first.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-31-2023 at 11:25 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Brembo brakes Spyders come with are the same brand that is used by high performance cars such as Porsche. Wouldn’t waste $$$ on anything else.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The Brembo brakes Spyders come with are the same brand that is used by high performance cars such as Porsche. Wouldn’t waste $$$ on anything else.
    The rotors aren't...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The rotors aren't...
    True that.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm not an engineer, but my understanding of the Braking principle involves friction ( the more the better ) ..... so the spaces on that Rotor should provide extra COOLING .... but not extra BRAKING ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Glad someone is finally looking at the braking on the Ryker. I'd be interested in trying these out when the time comes.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Yes and we have Fox podium shocks and FOX for me use to be THE BRAND. Ever since my F3s 2015 came, i have learned the lesson that there is FOX shock and there is FOX shock.
    so the same goes for Brembo.. there are brembo and then there are brembo. Yer rotors are different so you have calipers.

What i usually do is that I try to be honest in business. I dont sell things i personally dont believe in and I have not tested on my own.
    I think this is worth to consider as upgrade when time comes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    Glad someone is finally looking at the braking on the Ryker. I'd be interested in trying these out when the time comes.
    ))) okie dokie,. you know where to find me

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm not an engineer, but my understanding of the Braking principle involves friction ( the more the better ) ..... so the spaces on that Rotor should provide extra COOLING .... but not extra BRAKING ..... JMHO .... Mike
    Hi Mike yes, good point and thinking, but better braking comes when you hit 2-3 times the bake pedal hard with stock rotors.
    They are hotter and hotter and therefore less and less and less powerful. This will not happen with ours, so yes its bit marketing bull**** to say better braking but it is "sustainable" or the performance its always there when you need it?
    Also the openings dont catch the dirt and water, so performance its really better with these in dusty conditions and in rainy conditions compared to stock.

of course not only ventilation helps but also the spacers that "floats" as the rotor enlarges with heat and not twists... as with twisted rotor you do get pretty ...... braking
    but yes good thinking and logic applied. thank you

Spyder Garage

I'd like to see more floating rotor options for the Spyder..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I enthusiatically endorse Martin's 2- piece rotors!!!!

I live in a state where we have short turning lanes & off ramps; it's hard on brakes. My 2020 RTL started showing sighs of warping after 5K miles, and after 14K miles the vibration (forward & backward) was an issue with stopping. I spent the money & bought MTV's 2-pc set and have nothing but praise for them.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Brake performance is dependent on several factors, the primary two being design and materials for both pads and rotors.

Brake performance improves when both the pads and rotors are hot (within their design parameters of course). The two part rotor mechanically separates the carrier from the friction disk to provide more freedom of motion as it heats as well as enabling appropriate material choices for each part (eg aluminum for carrier, high carbon stainless steel for friction disk). The mass reduction of a friction disk with holes, grooves, etc openings allows it to rapidly reach (heating) and maintain (cooling) optimal design temperature. The friction surface loss is easily compensated with caliper design and pad material. The remaining benefits (eg, self-cleaning) are frosting on this cake.

Thanks for offering this upgrade Martin.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Martin is there any chance of these rotors being available for the pre 2013 Spyders?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

No floating rotor or disk

We've had issues on both our 2020 RT's with pulsing brakes, mine worse than my wife's. I replaced the disks and pads (with EBS), but the same problem soon followed. The RT's do not have floating rotors or floating calipers, which makes no sense to me. I really hate throwing money at the problem w/o a solution, but don't have the time or resources to have the dealer figure it out. The closest dealer has a 3-4 week wait list and it is close to a 2 hour round trip to the dealer. We drive company vehicles during the week, which forces us to complete service on Sat or use PTO during the week.

We are looking forward to these Rotors resolving the issues, 2 sets on order!

Thank you Martin!

Ken
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2023 at 03:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Received them today, great packing Martin! Thanks for the bubblegum and rub on tattoo! They look really good and I'm really hoping the issue will be resolved. I will probably have to install them next weekend as we are travelling to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving early next week, lot's of prep work since we are driving.
    Thanks,

Ken