Spyder Garage

Default New SpyderExtras Rider - Any suggestions on mods?

Going from '22 Ryker to '23 F3T. Loved Ryker but wanted something a little bigger because wife decided to ride with me. Any suggestions on things like tire pressure mods to add? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-29-2023 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question after move fm Welcome... ;-).. ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Going from '22 Ryker to '23 F3T. Loved Ryker but wanted something a little bigger because wife decided to ride with me. Any suggestions on things like tire pressure mods to add? Thanks
    I'll address TIRES .... if you have KENDA tires there really isn't anything that will improve them, other than switch to Auto tires ( when Kenda's wear out ) .... if possible. .... If you have or will get Auto tires I have posted many times what Brands work .... the key is to use a lower PSI for the rear..... I use 17 PSI front and 18 PSI rear. ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Lots and lots of possibilities to make it yours. Hope you both enjoy your new ride!
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

I would say put some miles on before doing any mods would be the first thing I would do, there's a big difference between the Ryker and the F3. Take your bride and ride the heck out of it and get a good fell for it, then make it yours and improve your ride! Be safe, enjoy!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I would say put some miles on before doing any mods would be the first thing I would do, there's a big difference between the Ryker and the F3. Take your bride and ride the heck out of it and get a good fell for it, then make it yours and improve your ride! Be safe, enjoy!!!
    I agree with Mikey. Ride it for awhile. If you start throwing random things at it right away. You may find yourself wasting money.

(Totally unrelated. Just couldn't resist) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQ0LZSnJFE
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I received my 23' Sea2Sky Saturday and promptly put on 268 miles including abut 60 miles of twisties as of last night.
    I ordered the Baja Ron Ultra Sway bar. The stock one for this 6'1" 225lbs and my 5'7" 135lbs wife allows too much lean in the twisties.
    I figure after we load up gear for a trip it will not get better that's for sure.

Spyder Garage

+1 on the seat time. But when you're not out riding, spend a few hours reading this forum. A little research may save you a lot of time and $$$ on trial and error mods.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]