Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone with '20+ Spyders tried Front Fender Lighting fm ShowChrome & TricLED?

We are in the process of adding a '23 F3-L to the stable. The trade-in is a '18 F3-L that had Custom Dynamics Brightsiders in both the side and rear-facing positions. We have other F3s with ShowChrome and TricLED lighting. SpyderDeb likes the output of the old Custom Dynamics lighting better than the other two mfgs. From what I can find, only ShowChrome and TricLED make those lights for the 1-piece fenders (2019+). The question: looking for recent experience with the new lights from both.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-28-2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

2021 RTL I have the TricLED and like them a lot. Some have complained about losing individual LEDs in the lights. Mine have performed flawlessly.
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

TricLED sequential running and turn signals combo on my 22 F3 LTD. The lights are 6.5 months old. Roughly 1/2 of the LED’s on the rear of the front fender are gone. I like the sequential feature. I’m not happy with their durability.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the show chrome, attached a pic of where I lost the led.

Haven't bothered replacing it because it is on the end and not that noticeable.

It went out a little under a year after I got it.

IMG_20230823_151628218.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the show chrome fender lights on my 21' F3T.. They have been on for approx 2yrs and have had NO problems with them.
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

New to the forum, but I have searched out these lights as well for a future modification/upgrade. The SlingMods/TricLED seem to illuminate brighter and are better diffused than the ShowChrome - at least on the video's I have seen.

To me that's important because I don't want to see a bunch of lit dots. I want it to look solid yellow or red. I'd rather get a good strip light, a spare set of reflectors, and retrofit my own than live with "dots". If anyone has first-hand experience with what I'm saying and can tell me that the videos are illusions, that would be great to know before I drop money on something I will not be happy with.

Didn't mean to thread-jack, sorry.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-01-2023 at 02:06 PM.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

I have TricLED sequential signals on my F3. A few led's were burned out and one was flickering on my left fender. I reached out to TricLED, and they sent me a new set for the cost of postage ($40 US to Canada). They were past the warranty period. I have yet to replace them.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have custom dynamics on my 2014 RT, and they have worked flawlessly for years. I have TRICLED on my 2021 S2S and I am on my 3rd set. The durability of the TricLED lights is terrible. I will admit they do stand behind their products, but I dont like having to replace them every year.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was thinking about the TRIled, and wondered about durability. I'm sure it works fine for some, but not taking the chance. It is not something I need to make the Spyder go.