Spyder Garage

Default Goodbye solo riding - it's been good ta know ya. Ordering an F3S!

Two wheels left on a trailer today. Tuesday I will order a 2024 F3-S. I'm in for a long wait.

I did however re watch Cars today. When, if ever, I do get the new wheels, I intend to go to Radiator Springs and ryde the road to the Wheel Well Motel.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

3 wheels is not a lesser lifestyle. It's just a different lifestyle. If everyone on 2 wheels knew what they were missing out on, there'd be a lot more of us out there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2023 at 05:36 PM. Reason: mission ... ;-)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I rode two wheels for nearly 60 years and said I would never go to 3 wheels. But in April I was in an accident with my two wheeler and being 76 years old I had to make my mind up and eat crow. I purchased a 2011 Can Am RT-S SE5 which I really like even though I can't keep it running. The old girl is like its owner and just a tad old. Right now she's stuck in Reverse and I can't get her out but I have been talking to someone on this forum and he said not to worry that he would get me back on the road. So as soon as I can get a trailer she will be going to Lake Wylie to get some much needed attention. Look forward to receiving your new Can Am because you will love it.
    Last edited by Leaping1; 10-26-2023 at 05:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

We ride a Spyder RTL and it has spoiled us for lesser motorcycles. I still have the balance to ride 2 wheels, but go "why bother?" IMHO, the Spyder RTL is the Cadillac limo of motorcycles.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LALoner View Post
    Two wheels left on a trailer today. Tuesday I will order a 2024 F3-S. I'm in for a long wait.

I did however re watch Cars today. When, if ever, I do get the new wheels, I intend to go to Radiator Springs and ryde the road to the Wheel Well Motel.
    Just one of many locations on list, doesn’t have to be designated trip, some things work out as “In the area” : if your in to such things- Maggie’s diner from movie: Wild Hogs
    Maggies Diner
    2867 NM-14, Madrid, NM 87010
    (505) 471-7605
    https://goo.gl/maps/3hFTXpB6cQxsd7je6

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chipveres View Post
    We ride a Spyder RTL and it has spoiled us for lesser motorcycles. I still have the balance to ride 2 wheels, but go "why bother?" IMHO, the Spyder RTL is the Cadillac limo of motorcycles.
    And if you learn how and want to/can still make the effort required, there's not too many wheeled vehicles out there on wheels that'll keep up with a well ridden Spyder in the twisties & short straights, even more so if the surface is a little bit wet or otherwise iffy for the 2-wheelers! It's only once the tight corners start turning into sweepers and the straights start getting longer that the dirty great wall of air our Spyders hafta push outta the way & all the extra weight they hafta move along over that of some 2-wheelers really kicks in and starts costing/sapping performance!

There's even less out there that'll out-brake these Spyder things - 1/3rd the weight of most autos; brake discs, calipers, & pads better than most autos; one of the best 'Nanny suites' on the market in the Bosch suite of safety systems & features; almost as much tire contact patch as many autos; & arguably once you've got good auto tires fitted, tire traction that's equal to if not better than many autos and far greater than that of just about any 2-wheeler means that unless you cook the brakes, these Spyder things will out-brake just about anything else on the roads besides!!

Plus, if you just want to pootle along within the speed limit &/or leisurely cruise along without too much to worry about besides enjoying the scenery and the breeze on your face & knees, then these Spyder things do that extremely well - and you don't even hafta put your foot down at the traffic lights or duck-waddle it backwards up a hill/out of a car-park, cos they've got a true Reverse gear!!

What's not to like?? Well, besides the crappy knowledge, dodgy mechanical/electrical service ability, & crappy customer service we get from some dealers; and the often-appalling attitude & quality control we sometimes see from BRP/Can Am anyway?!

Find a good dealer who looks after you &/or the skilled techs to look after your Spyder properly and you've got it made!! Best of all things in the wheeled world!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2023 at 07:02 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    And if you learn how and want to/can still make the effort required, there's not too many wheeled vehicles out there on wheels that'll keep up with a well ridden Spyder in the twisties & short straights, even more so if the surface is a little bit wet or otherwise iffy for the 2-wheelers! It's only once the tight corners start turning into sweepers and the straights start getting longer that the dirty great wall of air our Spyders hafta push outta the way & all the extra weight they hafta move along over that of some 2-wheelers really kicks in and starts costing/sapping performance!

There's even less out there that'll out-brake these Spyder things - 1/3rd the weight of most autos; brake discs, calipers, & pads better than most autos; one of the best 'Nanny suites' on the market in the Bosch suite of safety systems & features; almost as much tire contact patch as many autos; & arguably once you've got good auto tires fitted, tire traction that's equal to if not better than many autos and far greater than that of just about any 2-wheeler means that unless you cook the brakes, these Spyder things will out-brake just about anything else on the roads besides!!

Plus, if you just want to pootle along within the speed limit &/or leisurely cruise along without too much to worry about besides enjoying the scenery and the breeze on your face & knees, then these Spyder things do that extremely well - and you don't even hafta put your foot down at the traffic lights or duck-waddle it backwards up a hill/out of a car-park, cos they've got a true Reverse gear!!

What's not to like?? Well, besides the crappy knowledge, dodgy mechanical/electrical service ability, & crappy customer service we get from some dealers; and the often-appalling attitude & quality control we sometimes see from BRP/Can Am anyway?!

Find a good dealer who looks after you &/or the skilled techs to look after your Spyder properly and you've got it made!! Best of all things in the wheeled world!!
    with all of the statements above. It is not a step down from 2 wheels, just a step in a different direction. It is supposed to be 83-85 degrees over the next 4 days. I plan on riding the 3 wheeler, the 2 wheeler, and the convertible. Either way, I will be in the wind.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Just a jump to the left or Just a step to the right
    https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...1wQbYYX3Q,st:0
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White