Spyder Garage

Default Anyone towed their Spyder on a Stinger Trike Trailer?

Has anyone towed their Spyder RT with a "Trike" Stinger trailer? The Spyder would have to be loaded in reverse (facing the rear). Don't know if that would throw the weight balance off.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2023 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2019 Honda PCX150
    Sarasota - Tampa

Spyder Garage

If Center ramp for regular “trike” would fit spyder tire. Not to mention having remove windshield prevent other issues. Situation would be pretty bad before would attempt personally would not tow spyder backwards on anything. Sorry no experience
    Last edited by Bfromla; 10-26-2023 at 10:26 AM.
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Didn't consider the windshield - you're absolutely right. Bad idea.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2019 Honda PCX150
    Sarasota - Tampa

Spyder Garage

If you reach out to Stinger trailer they will answer your question about the weight balance.
    Stinger does offer a trailer specifically designed for Spyders and Rykers. I have one and it works very well.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't risk your spyder by trailering it on something it is not designed for. By all means, contact Stinger. They'll help you out. Good luck getting what you need.

Spyder Garage

I bought a Kendon USA Spyder specific trailer.

Really recommend it. Very robust, tows well, loads easily and folds vertically to move around for storage.

Ships from California, drop shipped for free on a palette stacked vertically. Easy to unpack and assemble. I did it by myself though it might be easier with two people at certain stages. There's a Youtube video for it.

I bought the spare tire, front crank, rear LED lights etc. Tools needed are some sockets and a torque wrench.

I tow it behind a Range Rover Sport, tows like it isn't even there.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can tow it on a trailer backwards with no problem. But as has been mentioned you do need to take the windshield off otherwise you risk having the wind pressure break it off. Removing and reinstalling is only about a 10 to 15 minute job and easy to do. As far as balance, if the trailer is long enough that won't be a problem. Here is what my 2013 RT looked like on my trailer. I had to put the front wheels on a riser because my trailer wasn't wide enough.

P2021828.jpg

Because of the tight fit and the difficulty of steering accurately going in reverse I used the winch to pull the RT up onto the trailer. A Stinger trailer would be much easier to get it up onto.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 10-26-2023 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add last comment

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I modified a kendon big bike trailer that was meant for 2 large cruisers or 3 dirt bikes. Towed it with my little old suzuki grand vitara. It didn't even act as if it was there. Handled and towed great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BROTampa View Post
    Has anyone towed their Spyder RT with a "Trike" Stinger trailer? The Spyder would have to be loaded in reverse (facing the rear). Don't know if that would throw the weight balance off.
    I've heard some bad reviews about those Stinger trailers (questionable materials and workmanship).

Maybe they have improved their trailers, who knows ??
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !