Spyder Garage

Question I've got a RYKER - anyone else put a Vredestein Quatrac on the rear??

As my riding season is coming to a close, it is time for a new rear on my 2019 Ryker 900 Ace. The rear tire size is 205/45R16 77T.

After reading everything I could find both on this forum and elsewhere there seems to be much more tire info related to Spyders than Rykers.

I'm thinking I'd like to put the Vredestein Quatrac on, but would like to know if anyone else has put one on the rear of a RYKER. Results?

The four tires in the running for me range from $108 to $138, so price isn't really a consideration. The original Kenda has 11,000 miles on it and I'm down to the rain bars.

Thank you for your input!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danvirsse View Post
    As my riding season is coming to a close, it is time for a new rear on my 2019 Ryker 900 Ace. The rear tire size is 205/45R16 77T.

After reading everything I could find both on this forum and elsewhere there seems to be much more tire info related to Spyders than Rykers.

I'm thinking I'd like to put the Vredestein Quatrac on, but would like to know if anyone else has put one on the rear of a RYKER. Results?

The four tires in the running for me range from $108 to $138, so price isn't really a consideration. The original Kenda has 11,000 miles on it and I'm down to the rain bars.

Thank you for your input!
    I can help you with this, but I need to know the OEM size of the Kenda the Ryker came with ????? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

205/45r16 77t

Spyder Garage

205/45r16 77t
    Thanks ...... I would go with the 205/50-16 .....it will fit your Ryker fine & probably bring the speedo to be more accurate .... I discovered the Vredestein over a year ago and lots of folks here are using them on their Spyders with great satisfaction .... Currently they are the highest rated tire that fir our Spyders and Rykers......Plus you will save $ 13.00 if you get them at Tire Rack, & they ship for free .... If you go to Tire Rack - - - DO NOT talk to a salesperson about your choice ... they are AUTO tires and they won't sell them to you for use on a RYKER, just decline giving them info on what veh they are for ..... If you want to know if I can be relied on the give Excellent info on tires .... ask the members here who have followed my advice .....Mike

Spyder Garage

I use a Hankook Ventus after 17K miles on a Toyo T1R - 20K miles on my 900 Std ..much more grip now !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks ...... I would go with the 205/50-16 .....it will fit your Ryker fine & probably bring the speedo to be more accurate .... I discovered the Vredestein over a year ago and lots of folks here are using them on their Spyders with great satisfaction .... Currently they are the highest rated tire that fir our Spyders and Rykers......Plus you will save $ 13.00 if you get them at Tire Rack, & they ship for free .... If you go to Tire Rack - - - DO NOT talk to a salesperson about your choice ... they are AUTO tires and they won't sell them to you for use on a RYKER, just decline giving them info on what veh they are for ..... If you want to know if I can be relied on the give Excellent info on tires .... ask the members here who have followed my advice .....Mike
    Thanks for your thoughts. My speedo is accurate within 1 MPH, so does that indicate that I'd want to stick with the 205/45-16 size?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your thoughts. My speedo is accurate within 1 MPH, so does that indicate that I'd want to stick with the 205/45-16 size?
    Math isn't my best ..... However I think the " 50 " aspect isn't going to change your speedo enough to cause an issue .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Looks like the 50 will be about an inch larger in size.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Looks like the 50 will be about an inch larger in size.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/
    Just beware - I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but AT BEST, these Internet based tire size comparison calculators are usually a generic 'rough guide' to the size differences you MIGHT find based upon the Nominal sizes printed on their sidewalls, which may or may not have any real relationship with either tire's ACTUAL size!!

Unless it's a Tire Manufacturer's calculator that's referring specifically to their own particular range of tire's (which very few do! ) then the calculator's indicated sizes really have little bearing on the vehicle's OEM tires ACTUAL sizes, which could be larger or smaller than the generic sizes indicated; nor do they necessarily reflect the ACTUAL size of your proposed Replacement tires, which could be larger or smaller than the generic sizes indicated!! And while I've seen just about every difference possible between a tire's Actual size and its Calculator Indicated size, you might be horrified to know that the largest variation I've seen between those two was as much as 2 inches/50mm So, please, don't go relying on those calculators when you're buying tires!!

Sure, go ahead and use them to HELP you narrow down the range of tires that you might want to look at, but before you shell out your hard earned $$, I'd strongly recommend that you check the Tire Manufacturer's published specifications for that tire! You can usually find info like the tire's Rolling diameter; or the number of Revs it does to cover a mile; its circumference; whatever... anything that you can compare directly that's truly going to show you how close they are in size But if you can't find any of those &/or the retailer or manufacturer hasn't been too helpful in sourcing that sort of info, then I'd suggest that you at least stand the tire you propose buying up alongside the tire you're replacing! Or maybe you could maybe go by the recommendations of others who've already fitted the tire/s you're considering about how well they might fit?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-29-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well, the deed is done! I have a Vredestein Quatrac tire on the rear of my 2019 Ryker Ace 900 and got to take it for a quick spin today. My immediate impression is that it is much smoother running. I never really noticed a roughness from the rear with the stock Kenda, but immediately noticed a very, very smooth quality to the new tire. I purchased the Vredestein in the stock 205/45 R16 size and my local mechanic mounted it for me. We'll see what type of mileage I get out of it compared to the 11,000 on the Kenda.