Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a quick release strap for a modular helmet - any ideas?

I have tried a quick release from https://www.amazon.com/Helmet-Releas...7762600&sr=8-1 for a full modular helmet but it is a bit too loose for my satisfaction. Does anyone know of a quick release that would work better for a modular helmet?

Thanks

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

There are a couple other styles but they all add at least 1 inch to the loop under your neck.
    I ended up buying my carbon lid with quick release from Europe because the same USA model was D-ring.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I was Vending I bought a bunch on E-bay for about $ 2.00 ea. .... they arn't as big as that one ..... it did require you cutting off the " D " rings and sewing it on .... but sewing isn't rocket science .... ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have 2 helmets. a Full Face and a Modular. I use this release on both helmets.
    No cutting of the D Rings is needed.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KGGP7SW...lig_dp_it&th=1
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

This is the model of add-on quick release buckle I have used.

https://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts...se_buckle.html

Very sturdy -- in fact, it's pretty stiff until you use it awhile. But it works fine, with no cutting required.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Just wondering which "full modular helmet' dosnt come with a quick release strap these days?

I previously had a Nolan then went to Evoline with the fully folded back chin bit if ya wanted to,
    latest helmet is a LS2 Valiant, which I find great by the way.

All had the quick release catch as SOP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I have 2 helmets. a Full Face and a Modular. I use this release on both helmets.
    No cutting of the D Rings is needed.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KGGP7SW...lig_dp_it&th=1
    I've used several of these over the year. Given enough use the male end might eventually break and need replacement. Have them on two helmets I currently use most.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    Just wondering which "full modular helmet' dosnt come with a quick release strap these days?
    For one, the HJC C90 modular. The USA version in Carbon Fiber comes with D rings but the Europe version has quick-release.
    AND the US lid is over $100 more.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

I've used one that's all metal in the actual attachments with just a little plastic cover. I've had all plastic clip's in the past and they have broken..............
    Lew L
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-24-2023 at 04:14 PM. Reason: won's??
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    For one, the HJC C90 modular. The USA version in Carbon Fiber comes with D rings but the Europe version has quick-release.
    But where can the poor suckers in the States buy a Europe version? What would the shipping cost be?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Not all the Europe versions are quick-release. Look at https://hjchelmets.eu/products/rpha-12-carbon. That one is DOUBLE-D RING

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:

Spyder Garage

Once upon a time, I bought a quick release buckle for a full face helmet because it was so hard trying to thread the D rings up under the edge of the helmet. It worked, but where it had to be attached to the D rings put the buckle in a place that bit into the edge of my jawbone.

Take whatever moral you want to from this fable.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    But where can the poor suckers in the States buy a Europe version? What would the shipping cost be?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Not all the Europe versions are quick-release. Look at https://hjchelmets.eu/products/rpha-12-carbon. That one is DOUBLE-D RING
    I already had the US model of the HJC C90 with D-rings that fits my noggin and my other lids all have quick release (QR). I wanted the lighter C90 Carbon model but only the EU model uses the QR. I ordered the lid from Netherlands and got the QR and saved over $100 in the process.