Spyder Garage

Default Freedom W/shield 2010-23 RT Install Issues - anyone else? Am I missing something?

I got a Freedom Windshield for X-mas, but since we were moving soon after to another state, we just got to it installing it today.

To our surprise, the mounting holes/opening are way too small. They are only 8mm, but the stock windshield's holes are 11.5mm.
    Freedom Windshield over stock.jpg Freedom Windshield over stock Hole1.jpg Freedom Windshield over stock Hole2.jpg

I was frustrated pushing the grommet in, not realizing the opening was way too small. After all, who would think the holes would be smaller?
    There were no installation instructions, no invoice included, nor another grommets for the smaller openings.
    The removal and installation would be an easy except we can't install the Freedom Windshield.

Did anybody have the same experience? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by INfox; 10-23-2023 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket