Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know how to fix a Loose Instrument Cluster & re-clip it? 2020 RT

The instrument cluster on my 2020 RT has come loose and slides around in its opening behind the dashboard. How do I re-attach it? I've searched all over for something that would show me how to remove the dash to no avail. Lamonster Garage has one for an older model, but it is completely different. Anyone have any information? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-21-2023 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I had to do it quite some time ago, bbqer, and you have to remove the covering cowl, but I can’t remember the process. Joel the Biker listed the process. I’ll see if I can find it. In the meantime, here’s a before and after.
    IMG_2194.jpg IMG_2195.jpg

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-21-2023 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Have a read through this thread, bbqer. I could not get Joel’s short cut in post#2 to work. It is much easier removing the cowl. ……the cluster is not very well secured. I added some Gorilla tape for more security.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=Cluster

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 10-21-2023 at 04:48 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete,
    I found that thread just after posting, and just finished reading through. Thanks for the "after" picture. It tells me where the clips are. Having done it before, do you think you could re-clip it by using suction cups without taking everything apart? Or are the clips too strong for that? Either way, I think with the previous string and your pics, I can get it done, so thanks for that.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And if you go to any of the after-market PARTS sellers they will have a FICHE' that will show you every part that puts it together. ..... Has worked for me for a lot of projects .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete,
    I found that thread just after posting, and just finished reading through. Thanks for the "after" picture. It tells me where the clips are. Having done it before, do you think you could re-clip it by using suction cups without taking everything apart? Or are the clips too strong for that? Either way, I think with the previous string and your pics, I can get it done, so thanks for that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bbqer View Post
    Thanks Pete,
    You can possibly reclip it with suction cups, bbqer. The clips that hold the cluster in are very weak (which is why it fell out in the first place). Honestly though, if it has fallen out already, I’d spend the 30 minutes disassembly and reassembly (maybe 50 minutes first time) to get right in there and add some “stiffeners”. The only tricky bit is working the cowl around the windshield brackets to get it off.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Anyone know how to remove the panel under the windshield on a 2020 Spyder RT LTD?

I have a 2020 Spyder RT Ltd. I need to clip my display back into place. I've removed the windshield and brackets but am having a bunch of trouble removing the dash cover under the windshield.

I've got the lower part loose by removing the push pin in the middle by the frunk latch and the two screws by the upper windshield supports. But it feels like there is something else holding it. The whole thing appears to be one piece and wraps over the front top edge of the dash. I need to get to the back of the display to clip it back into place. Anyone have any experience with this? I've searched the internet with no luck.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-15-2023 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Moved title into text after thread merge - keeping the original question & it's final solution together... ;-)

Spyder Garage

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...luster-2020-RT

Weren't you at that a while ago.

Edit: the link above is now to this thread after Mods merged them to keep the original question thru to its final solution all in the one thread.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-15-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yes, and got good advice on where to access and how to reclip. So spent this afternoon getting to this point. Took forever getting the bushings out of the windshield supports. But they're out now, and just can't quite figure out what's holding the top of the back side of the dash under the windshield. Any advice?
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Thanks for anything you can find Pete. All the other information is what I had previously. I printed it all out and followed as closely as I could. A few things have changed however. I'm sure you no longer have to remove the mirrors. And the way the dash under the windshield is fastened differently. One push pin in the center by the frunk latch, and a screw under both of the upper windshield mounts. But from there i can't figure out what is holding it.

Spyder Garage

Warranty?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I will give you some info you're probably not gonna like.....; You have a 2020, which has a one piece console top. It is diiferent from the pic that Peteoz posted and the instruction that Joel the Biker gives in his response (re the first link in this tread); their Spyders are 2021's and have two pieces, a console top and a dashboard. According to the parts book, the two piece unit appears on 2021's made after Sept of 2020 (#708400539 + #708400547); prior model used #708400365, now #708400540. It looks like (in post #2) the separation is just under the projection above the cluster, making disassembly easier.

Back to your problem, ....when I took the console top off my 2020, the item preventing removal was the cluster itself, specifically the main harness and plugs that go into the back. There is little, or no slack in that harness and the plug-ins have a locking mechanism to keep tham attached. I had to feel my way up under the plastic and release the plugs by feel, allowing the cluster to come off with the console top; it was tough, and I was cut & scraped up when done. If yours is all ready loose, you may be able to gently rock the cluster back at the top (or bottom), release the remaining clip and allow the cluster to remain with the harness. Be careful so you don't break anything, and good luck

You can try a warranty claim, but call and ask first.
    Last edited by spyderdave; 11-16-2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: addition

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post, Dave………Wow…..how easy it is to get caught out. I had no idea that there was a difference between pre and post Sept 20 builds. Apologies if my post has caused you grief, BBQER. I HATE doing that

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your responses. I figured it out today. On my 2020, the console top is 1 piece. However, it does separate at the top edge from the dash, which is a second piece itself. I did not have to remove the mirrors. BUT I did have to remove the front shroud from the mirror assembly. Under there on each side is a single screw on the console top. There are an additional screw directly under each top windshield arm. And there is one push pin dead center under the front lip of the console top. The cluster is once piece, and as previous instructions have said, clips into place top and bottom. Glad to have this done! I probably spent 6 hours on this total, trying not to break anything. Knowing how it's all put together however, it would likely only take me an hour or so if I had to do it again! I appreciate everyone who offered insight!

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it fixed...
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles