Spyder Garage

Spyder Buying S2S - What luggage to maximize storage? Add a trunk top mount?

My wife and I are looking at buying a 2023 Sea to Sky (possibly tomorrow).
    What luggage inserts do people recommend to maximize storage?
    Also does anyone put a luggage mount on the top of the rear top case to add another bag? similar to this:
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...ted-trunk-rack
    2022 Sea to Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

We use laundry bags. They let you use every square inch your compartments. We have a topcase rack, but use that to put our jackets on if we take them off.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    We use laundry bags. They let you use every square inch your compartments. We have a topcase rack, but use that to put our jackets on if we take them off.
    you beat me to it, this was my first thought after reading the op's question..... however if you get soft side luggage ... they can be Stuffed with more items and zipped shut...... JMHO ...Mike

Spyder Garage

This is the best bag I've found for my rear trunk (Topcase).. It Holds a lot and fits the trunk like a glove.. Has a handle and shoulder strap for carrying...
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...shad?vehicle=1
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Hopnel makes a fine set of four. I have had the $1K BRP special formed bags and they were not as good as the Hopnels for about 10% of that price. Both my F3L's were sold with a free set of Hopnels. They are available from both Spyderpops and Lamonster Garage.

We also had the trunk "top racks" installed on both our F3L's. Never used them for carrying stuff, but they look real cool.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with ARtraveler on the Hopnell luggage. Not as classy as the BRP luggage but much more usable. They are very flexible and conform to the contents and the hard case they are being used in and they are very reasonably priced.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Be a minimalist. You do not need to pack half of your house for a multi- ride. Clothes should be enough for three days then wash. When I first bike traveled for say ten-day ride, I had way too much stuff. After a few more rides, I had plenty extra room.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-17-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: don ;-)

Spyder Garage

Most of the responses have been for the F3 or earlier RT, mmeechan. Your ‘20+ S2S has a different shaped frunk. The best luggage I have bought is Hopnel luggage from Slingmods (Lamonster may also sell it). It consists of 2 bags for the frunk. A smaller bag for the narrow bottom part, and a larger bag for the top part. They also sell the trunk and side bag Hopnel luggage. I keep my wet weather gear in the bottom bag.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...-liners-hopnel

For the side cases, Spyderpops sells a great bag that has an extra zip up compartment on the outside that fills the cutout in the side case door.
    https://spyderpops.com/spyderbags-cu...els-all-years/

I can’t help with the trunk mount as I have never had need for it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I agree with ARtraveler on the Hopnell luggage. Not as classy as the BRP luggage but much more usable. They are very flexible and conform to the contents and the hard case they are being used in and they are very reasonably priced.
    I agree 100% with these comments. I have the hard BRP luggage and the hopnell. The hopnell allows for more stuff. But keep in mind that with the 2020+ RTL, if you overstuff the bags, you might be able to close the side cases, but they will sometime press out at the bottom and become hard to open. So fill them, but don't overstuff them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Most of the responses have been for the F3 or earlier RT, mmeechan. Your ‘20+ S2S has a different shaped frunk. The best luggage I have bought is Hopnel luggage from Slingmods (Lamonster may also sell it). It consists of 2 bags for the frunk. A smaller bag for the narrow bottom part, and a larger bag for the top part. They also sell the trunk and side bag Hopnel luggage. I keep my wet weather gear in the bottom bag.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...-liners-hopnel

For the side cases, Spyderpops sells a great bag that has an extra zip up compartment on the outside that fills the cutout in the side case door.
    https://spyderpops.com/spyderbags-cu...els-all-years/

I can’t help with the trunk mount as I have never had need for it.

Pete
    Peteoz is rightous about the soft side bags for the front and sidebags.
    For the trunk, I use the BRP top rack and the Nelson Rigg bag

https://www.motosport.com/nelsonrigg...riant=&variant[NRG002T]=NRG002T-X001-Y001

X001 (1).jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Wife and I use soft bags and a small duffle bag for the back rack.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles