Spyder Garage

Question Blinkers/4-ways stopped working - anyone else? Ideas?

2019 RT Limited

The only thing that works about my blinkers/4-ways is the green arrow indicator lights on the display.

After one or two green arrow flashes, they start blinking faster.

Tail lights, brake lights, headlights high/low, running lights all work fine.

No blown fuses.

Fender lights are on, but don't blink or "swipe"

Anybody else seen this?

Dave C

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CourVO View Post
    2019 RT Limited

The only thing that works about my blinkers/4-ways is the green arrow indicator lights on the display.

After one or two green arrow flashes, they start blinking faster.

Tail lights, brake lights, headlights high/low, running lights all work fine.

No blown fuses.

Fender lights are on, but don't blink or "swipe"

Anybody else seen this?

Dave C
    The only thing I can think of is the common issue with folks that switched from Halogen / incandescent bulbs to LED's ..... the lowering of the resistance (?) with LED's can confuse the computer. ..... however lights that blink Faster are a lot more noticeable & to me that's a good thing .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks, BlueKnight....

The blinkers don't actually blink faster...they don't blink at all.
    It's the green indicator arrows on the front display that blink faster...usually that means a glitch in the system somewhere.
    Equipment is all original...no switching of bulbs.

Appreciate your response,

Dave C

Spyder Garage

I’m not sure what model you have and if this even applies but if I remember correctly the turn/blinker wire attaches in up by the mirror, I think. Could the mirror have pinched a wire or if you have magic mirrors when removing the plug could you have pinched, pulled, or stripped the wire? Again, I can’t remember, and I might be totally wrong, just thinking the union for them started or was up by the mirrors. When I hit a deer both mirrors were destroyed and none of my flashers or turns worked. The icon light on the dash rapid blinked until they reattached all the wires for the mirror. What model and year do you have? I have a 2016 RT book I just purchased when I needed help with my last repair.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-18-2023 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Are you saying none of the turn signals work, front and rear, either as turn signals or hazard signal?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Relay?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Relay?
    There is no relay in the turn signal circuit. It's all controlled by software in the cluster.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)