Spyder Garage

Default *New for 2023* - Post up any Reputable Can-Am Dealers!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Forum. I just completed the MSF 3-wheel training course and am anxious to buy a Spyder.

One thing I've learned as I've perused these forums is that a good dealer is hard to find, at least in terms of one that knows what they're doing with Spyders from both a sales *and* a service standpoint. I read stories of new units put together incorrectly, front tires misaligned at delivery, etc. And I've seen other stories where dealers charge a reasonable rate for maintenance (if you don't want to or can't do those kinds of things yourself), while others charge twice as much and aren't particularly interested in being quick about returning your Spyder to you.

The way I see it, if I'm going to spend $20K+ on a Spyder, I don't think it's too much to ask to work with a dealer that knows their stuff.

I live in a western suburb of Milwaukee. Are there any recent recommendations for Can-Am dealers in my area? I am primarily looking for a competent and trustworthy service center, and am willing to drive 50 miles away or more if I have to. I just want to someone who knows what they're doing from sales through service.

So this isn't just about Milwaukee, I thought maybe others can add their own locations and get pointers on reputable dealers.

Thanks in advance!

(Note; I'd originally posted in a previous version of this thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...89#post1688889

But it's *old*, like 2011 old. So, I thought maybe a new/refreshed version of this topic might be good.)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2023 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Link

Spyder Garage

And...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

MotoMember in Va. Very large dealer of CanAm. I purchased my 2023 Sea to Sky there and was very pleased with them.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

.... Hopefully some folks here that live in your area will chime in about their experiences with dealers that are local to you. ..... Most (if not all) dealers will charge based on the BRP "book rate" for any work ..... The problem is with the TECHS that do the work .... some are competent but too many aren't and they seem to do a lot of GUESSING about how & what needs fixing ..... Good Luck .... Mike

....PS there are some here that will tell you "buy from the dealer that is going to work on your Spyder" .... and it may apply to you, however, it has been reported that this isn't always the case .... look at the Home page and find the Ad for IMotorsports, they sell new and used Spyders, and quite a few folks here have bought from them .... the vast majority were very happy .... plus, they ship Spyders for free, I don't know about that for RYKERS ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2023 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Marine World in Wichita, KS. Excellent dealer and service department.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Based on my experience that is nine years old, the basic principles still apply. IMO, the principles in order of priority are:
    1. The quality of the service department of the dealership that will service your Spyder after you purchase it.
    2. The distance to the dealership that will service your Spyder.
    3. Your home grown/learned ability to service your own Spyder and save money doing many of the routine services, like oil and filter change, air filter replacement, brake pad replacement, hydraulic control module (HCM) filter replacement, fuel filter and coolant replacement. Do you have the tools to do the jobs? You don't need a master mechanic's multi-thousand dollar tool inventory to DIY most of the service tasks.
    4. The out the door price of the dealership that wants to sell you the Spyder YOU want, not what they have one the floor or can assemble from in-stock inventory. The distance to the dealership you will purchase the Spyder from after they let you TEST RIDE different models. Consider buying from Imotorsports in Elmhurst, IL (a SL sponsor) and having the Spyder shipped to you.

Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Nielsens motor sports Lake Villa IL
    2015 f3s

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Renos Power Sports, Kansas City. Top notch service. Honest, thorough, excellent results with an oil leak on warranty and my first service with my '22 Ryker Sport. Highly recommend.

Spyder Garage

Buying new?, may I suggest doing bitnit with CycleZone in Topeka Kansas. Bought a new 2020 Ryker Rally from Aaron the sales mgr. Top Notch Bloke. So good in fact, I went back, traded my Ryker in on a new 2021 Spyder RT Limited, withAaron of course. These guys are old school motorcycle dealers not the national chain dealer that adds a couple grand on top of MSRP. If you’re buying new, go here and tell Aaron shakin_jake (Reddick Fla.) sent you. He will treat you right. And, they know how to set up 3 wheeled BRP products (like a Ryker/Spyder). I feel bad for the new members here that buy a new Ryker or Spyder and it doesn’t steer straight or any one of the usual problems members have when they buy from a dealer that doesn’t know the difference from their rear end and a corn hole

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terraformer View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the Forum. I just completed the MSF 3-wheel training course and am anxious to buy a Spyder.

One thing I've learned as I've perused these forums is that a good dealer is hard to find, at least in terms of one that knows what they're doing with Spyders from both a sales *and* a service standpoint. I read stories of new units put together incorrectly, front tires misaligned at delivery, etc. And I've seen other stories where dealers charge a reasonable rate for maintenance (if you don't want to or can't do those kinds of things yourself), while others charge twice as much and aren't particularly interested in being quick about returning your Spyder to you.

The way I see it, if I'm going to spend $20K+ on a Spyder, I don't think it's too much to ask to work with a dealer that knows their stuff.

I live in a western suburb of Milwaukee. Are there any recent recommendations for Can-Am dealers in my area? I am primarily looking for a competent and trustworthy service center, and am willing to drive 50 miles away or more if I have to. I just want to someone who knows what they're doing from sales through service.

So this isn't just about Milwaukee, I thought maybe others can add their own locations and get pointers on reputable dealers.

Thanks in advance!

(Note; I'd originally posted in a previous version of this thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...89#post1688889

But it's *old*, like 2011 old. So, I thought maybe a new/refreshed version of this topic might be good.)
    I live in Edgerton,Wi.
    Robs Power Sports in Johnson Creek is decent…..
    Just prepare yourself, owning a Spyder is not cheap…..
    They are also home for SOAR …….a spyder club that do group rides…..very active group.
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 10-23-2023 at 01:38 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

see Tad Olson with Olsen's Outdoor Power in Atlantic, IA if that is not too far from you. I get all of my Spyders from him. good dealer and great service.
    BIG F