Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a good service center in/near SE Kentucky?

I have a 2010 RT and am getting the run around. They are guessing at what my problem is, fixing what they think might be wrong, charging me, and then it doesn't run. I live in SE Kentucky and would love to take it elsewhere if someone here can suggest where I can find a good mechanic.
    If you want details my husband can fill you in with more info.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-15-2023 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I get really good service from Cave Run Motorsports. They are located west of Morehead Ky.
    2015 Spyder F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Also Baja Ron is in Northeast Tennesse. His contact info is available by clicking on his banner at the top of this page.
    2015 Spyder F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Symptoms & or any codes showing up? Couple frequent issues: old/low battery, bad spark plug wires, various fuel issues (filters & or evap purge, Old dry Cracked map lines)**
    Last edited by Bfromla; 10-15-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: **

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Symptoms & or any codes showing up? Couple frequent issues: old/low battery, bad spark plug wires, various fuel issues (filters & or evap purge, Old dry Cracked map lines)**
    The problem has been intermittent limp mode, they replaced the battery and it did it again .25 miles away as I left on my spyder they "fixed". They error was throttle body something so said bad wire w/o taking any plastic off. Throttle body already replaced.

Sue

Spyder Garage

thanks for the names of Cave Run and Baha Ron. I will get hold of them.

I may have to put this in a closed trailer so can anyone say what the width is from the outside of one fender to the other.?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by suedee View Post
    The problem has been intermittent limp mode, they replaced the battery and it did it again .25 miles away as I left on my spyder they "fixed". They error was throttle body something so said bad wire w/o taking any plastic off. Throttle body already replaced.

Sue
    The throttle body can be cleaned, sorry if they said otherwise & yes, it requires removing some the plastic - tupperware. Not sure bout an enclosed trailer but have rented a 7X12 utility trailer to haul the ST around. Caution with short ramps, they can get too steep & high center your Spyder when you're loading. Use long boards or back up to a driveway or curb to ease the loading angle.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2023 at 07:24 AM. Reason: .

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Width is 59.3", length 105"
    Check door opening width they can be different.
    I use a 6x12 enclosed trailer. It's very tight on width, only 1.5" on each side.
    Also, it's best to back up to a curb or load on a slope pointing downhill. This will make the ramp more level for entry.

I would go to Ron!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2023 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

I suggest you get a service manual if you don't have one. Even if you don't do the work yourself, you would have a good idea what they should be doing to it. Not the owners manual, which is good to have also, but the service manual which gives information used by the techs in the shop. The digital ones are not real expensive and will easily fit on the chip in a smart phone, so can always be with you. Many times the problem is just some small thing that is easily corrected. When I get a new vehicle, the service manual is the first thing I buy. In the case of the Spyder, I bought the manual before I bought the Spyder. Read it too. When I went to the dealership to seal the deal on the new Spyder, I knew more about it than the salesman did, and after a few minutes trying to blow smoke, he knew that.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Second that to go to BajaRon....
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

You don't need an enclosed trailer to move a Spyder. Don't cover it with anything if you run in an open trailer. Whatever you use will flap in the wind and do damage.

Throttle bodies on the older 998's were known to warp. If this is the case, it must be replaced. But you say it has already been replaced. Was that recently? If it was replaced a long time ago it may have received an original version (which could warp again). If it received the upgraded version later on, it should still be good.

Did they replace the 'Bad Wire'? Did they say which wire it was?

It can be hard to find the source of intermittent limp mode issues. Frustrating for everyone.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...