Spyder Garage

Default Upgraded from 2016 to 2023 F3, need to upgrade seat - recommendations?

I just went from a 2016 F3 Ltd to a new 2023 F3 Ltd. I Love the new ride! I had an ultimate seat on my old bike thinking it would transfer to the new one but it will not fit. So now back to the original seat till I figure what I want to do. I have the own backrest but not the bracket. How do I find just the bracket ? What seat do you recommend for comfort?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-13-2023 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alycatmcclurg View Post
    What seat do you recommend for comfort?
    There is only one person on this forum that can accurately answer that......and that’s YOU.

We are all built differently. What’s good for me may be crap for you. jmho

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

My 2022 F3 Limited Special came with the Comfort seat and for me it is very good. Did a 14 hour day on it a few weeks ago and felt great.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-13-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    There is only one person on this forum that can accurately answer that......and that’s YOU.

We are all built differently. What’s good for me may be crap for you. jmho
    x2
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I just went from a 2016 F3 Ltd to a new 2023 F3 Ltd. I Love the new ride! I had an ultimate seat on my old bike thinking it would transfer to the new one but it will not fit. So now back to the original seat till I figure what I want to do. I have the own backrest but not the bracket. How do I find just the bracket ? What seat do you recommend for comfort?
    I'm very confused by this post. Can you clarify - and maybe even post pictures? Why won't your 2016 F3 Ultimate Seat fit on your 2023 F3? There should be no significant difference between the two - the seat should be a direct swap? This would be the first instance I've heard of an F3 (any trim) seat being a different mount/style than another F3.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I'm very confused by this post. Can you clarify - and maybe even post pictures? Why won't your 2016 F3 Ultimate Seat fit on your 2023 F3? There should be no significant difference between the two - the seat should be a direct swap? This would be the first instance I've heard of an F3 (any trim) seat being a different mount/style than another F3.
    The 2016 F3 Limited did not have a trunk, therefore the rear seat might be made differently from a later year that actually came with a trunk. But this is just my guess.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    The 2016 F3 Limited did not have a trunk, therefore the rear seat might be made differently from a later year that actually came with a trunk. But this is just my guess.
    Trunk seat is thicker padding to look better (close the gap) but mounts the same. I've swapped seats for folks with newer LTD with trunks.

I was scoping out the Ultimate Seat Website and it does show a different seat for '15-19 than for '20+ on the F3 lineup. I'm scratching my head on this. The only change I can think of is how the trunk is mounted - as the newer F3 lineup uses the same LINQ mount for the trunk as the RT. I'd be very curious to see pics from the OP as to why the seat doesn't fit - because this is the first I'm hearing of a seat difference in '20.

For example - going to Canam's website and looking at their Coast to Coast seat - it says for all F3 models. It doesn't list years.

Mustang Seats hasn't updated their website in a bit - but shows the same seat fitting a 2015-2021 F3.

Seems like this may be Ultimate Seat specific - but that's odd as well. Still scratching my head and trying to figure this one out. I've actually emailed their Tech Support asking what the difference is.
    Last edited by Jdr00ejr; 10-13-2023 at 11:41 AM.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I totally agree- it should work! I tried to put it on and to meet the hole there is a gap up front- I called Ultimate and they told me it should work, the only thing different was the trunk pad. So today I was going to try to put it on again if not I will be calling Ultimate again

I just put the seat back on and here are the pics of the gap upfront

20231013_113837[1].jpg
    Last edited by alycatmcclurg; 10-13-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

HI, alycatmacclurg,

I have a 2023 F3 LTD Special Series and it has the comfort seat. I would recommend the comfort seat.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I totally agree- it should work! I tried to put it on and to meet the hole there is a gap up front- I called Ultimate and they told me it should work, the only thing different was the trunk pad. So today I was going to try to put it on again if not I will be calling Ultimate again
    Yep - I just got the same info back from Dave Frank at Ultimate - pans/seats are the same - difference in the Pre-20 and 20+ is the trunk pad only nothing with the pan/seat. Let us know what happens when you try again. Possible it just wasn't latched in correctly up front? Good luck.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-13-2023 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hard to tell how bad it is or isn't in the pics. With the back snapped down - does the front move? Is it shaky?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

no it is pretty solid- I can get my fingers into the front gap- If I move the guides in the front of the seat to where the seat fits up front, the latch pin it is about 1/2 inch in front of the hole in the backseat-