Spyder Garage

Default Recommendation for a pocket knife sheath?

I've carried a pocket knife of one kind or another ever since I was a kid. It's a tool that I seem to frequently have a need for -- it's not some soldier of fortune fantasy, and I don't expect to be in any knife fights. But I feel naked without it available.

Problem is, the pocket clip for my favorite benchmade knife seems to leave it sticking out of my pocket just enough that it digs into my hip when sitting/riding. So I end up just dropping it in my front pocket instead, and then it's always sitting crosswise and just annoying.

I've looked around for some sort of belt sheath that would let me access it easily but not be overly clunky or require opening a strap or something to get to it, and everything seems to be cheap fake leather junk.

Does anyone use a sheath of some sort that lets you clip a knife "normally" just not in the pocket? I've seen some that look great, that let you clip it at an angle on your belt, but the reviews always say they aren't real leather and fall apart quickly.

Thanks!
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ha, well I finally found my answer. Benchmade actually makes a "deep carry clip" that sinks the knife lower in your pocket, which eliminates the issue with it sticking out and into your hip. Who knew?

They don't exactly make it easy to find on their website!
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Full selection of knives, from the in-expensive to top of the line, as well as belt sheaths in leather, nylon, or other materials. If you can't find it here, you don't need one.

I usually get what I order from them in 3 or 4 days.

https://smkw.com/
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I too carry a folding multi tool/pocket-knife and have done since my Dad gave me a Cub Scout pocket-knife when I was eight and taught me how to use a knife. I now have both a Gerber and a Leatherman. They sell their sheaths separately. Compare your knife to their sizes and see which one fits you best. I have both leather and nylon (I think) and they are both over 20 years old & holding up well.

BTW, I see you have a good solution, thanks for letting us know.
    As an aside, I have learned thru sad experience to leave my knives at home when going anywhere that might have a security check. Though obviously not a weapon, I have lost both a BMW commemorative knife and an expensive multitool knife at such checkpoints. They are usually unmerciful.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-11-2023 at 07:13 PM. Reason: sheths; exterience; ... ;-)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze