Spyder Garage

Default When you put your Spyder up on 3 ramps, do you lose the back one?

When you put your Spyder on drive up ramps under all 3 wheels, do you drive it off or will the back one take-off like a rocket?? I back it up on the front ramps then jack up the rear and slide the third ramp under back. It is kind of surprising that raising the Spyder just seven inches makes it much easier to do things. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-11-2023 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I never try to drive up 3 ramps.

Drive up 2 ramps, then jack the rear end up and put the ramp or block under it. You can also use a scissor type jack under the rear, but be careful that it does not jack up under any of the linkage or other parts that hang below the frame. A couple of pieces of board on the platform of the scissor jack will let it clear anything hanging below the frame.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I have tried driving our 11 RTS up the ramps and it just pushes them forward, I do have an epoxy garage floor. For me its just as easy to jack up the Spyder from the front and then just place the ramps under the front tires. I do the same for the rear if I need to.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

It might not help you too much if you've got a shiny epoxy or otherwise slippery/polished floor, but putting your ramps on an old carpet often helps them to 'not slip'!

There again, I've also found it less likely to push ramps around the place if you place them hard up against the BACK of all 3 wheels and then gently REVERSE up them?!

So either or both of those may be worth you giving them a shot?! Or as others have mentioned, you could always use a jack to lift the rear wheel onto a ramp after the fronts are already on theirs?!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I use my motorcycle lift, lift the spyder up and slide all 3 ramps in. I never drive up onto the ramps. I actually many times, depending of if what I need and room, will face the front 2 ramps towards the front and the rear facing out. It can never roll away if the parking brake is accidentally hit and provides lots of open room under the spyder.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

i use the lift that I used with my Harleys by placing side ways behind the rear wheel then back up on it, then jack it up. When done , let down and drive forward.

Spyder Garage

I place rubber matting on my shiny garage floor and drive up on ramps - no issue with sliding.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

I’m missing something. If you jack your Spyder up to then put ramps under it, why wouldn’t you simply jack your Spyder up and put jack stands under it and give yourself more room?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Another vote just the two up front (forward or reverse) & whatever jack for rear - have even jacked the trailer hitch to life rear. (Just easier access) thankfully don’t have to lift often.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I back up the front wheels so that the ramps are facing out for more room underneath. I then jack the rear up and place that ramp facing out also. There then is no way to drive off all three ramps as they are pointing in different directions. I started using ramps because that is what I had. If I had 3 jack stands at the time, I would have just jacked up the Spyder and put those underneath Pete. So in my case it was a matter of what was available. There is nothing magical about using one method over another. I also have an ATV/Motorcycle jack from back in the day that I sometimes use if don't need access to underneath the Spyder but I do need to mess with the wheels, like when I just replaced my drive belt.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-12-2023 at 07:43 PM. Reason: the the;

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I back up the front wheels so that the ramps are facing out for more room underneath. I then jack the rear up and place that ramp facing out also. There then is no way to drive off all three ramps as they are pointing in different directions. I started using ramps because that is what I had. If I had 3 jack stands at the time, I would have just jacked up the Spyder and put those underneath Pete. So in my case it was a matter of what was available. There is nothing magical about using one method over another. I also have an ATV/Motorcycle jack from back in the day that I sometimes use if don't need access to underneath the Spyder but I do need to mess with the wheels, like when I just replaced my drive belt.
    Knowing me, I’d probably forget I had the rear ramp facing the other way and try to drive forward off the ramps, Paul!

Yes, what you have available is always a key influencer in how you tackle a job.

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-12-2023 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You would only forget once

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze