Spyder Garage

Default What is the OEM 2020 Spyder RT wheel offset?

71cjK8VN6hL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    img.jpg

This time, I plan to install hub spacers and 4h-100 15-inch wheels. However, the problem is that I need to set the wheel offset, but I do not know the original wheel offset value.

Spyder Garage

You can measure the wheel offset by taking the wheel off and measuring the wheel width and divide by two. Then measure the distance from the inside rim to the plate surface. Subtract that from the half wheel width measurement and you have your offset. If it is a positive or negative number you can determine whether you have a negative or positive offset.

I'd personally not mess around with anything that was not a direct OEM replacement or identical size and offset to the original wheels.

You might end up upsetting the power steering feel as you're increasing the scrub radius and the steering would be heavier too. You might even get more tram-lining too. The Spyder doesn't have multi-way variable suspension geometry that a car does to tune the vehicle to its new track width. All you can change with the Spyder is to modify the toe setting. Its steering is very direct and any even minor changes might effect the feel more than you would think.

Increasing the tire width from 165mm to 175mm might not matter too much as the mount plate is close enough to the centerline of the tire and the rolling resistance is just a little more, but if the objective of the spacer is to widen the track of the bike, that might be something I'd be wary of doing.

Spacing the centerline of a wheel out by even 5mm on a car is definitely starting to get noticeable, I suspect even more so on the Spyder. On a track car it might have a desirable effect combined with toe-out, on a road car toe-in often not. With the Spyder you also have to be aware of how the change might also effect the stability control system.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver