Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT SE5 Intermittent DPS Issues

I've recently begun to have some DPS "issues", but NO codes shown, the 40A fuse is good, the battery is new and the terminal connections are tight. Making it even stranger is that the DPS works fine in reverse! I've got 60,000+ miles of my bike, and this is the first time I've ever had any issues with the DPS. I absolutely cannot afford to replace the DPS unit.

Couple of questions: 1) Is it safe to continue riding without the DPS? Everything else is working great. 2) Are there things I should be checking, besides the battery, terminal connections and fuse? (I don't even know where the DPS unit is located on my bike!) If the problem is the DPS itself, why don't I get a code?

Spyder Garage

The DPS units on these things were pretty much the same regardless of year until about 2013, and they varied very little after that until 2018/19. So there's a LOT of discussion already on the Forum about DPS units that will be applicable to you/this situation and the problems/solutions you have/need - all it takes to find all this is to type 'DPS' into the Search field up towards the top right of the page; tick the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list below it; submit your search; then start reading.... It shouldn't take you too long at all to find the answers to the questions you've asked above and a heap more that you might not yet realise you want answered...

It always pays to search first.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!